Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland away to Slovakia

1903_Redz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking at that group we are in and im thinking what an opportunity we have... but in reality we have been in decline for years. Losing to teams like Slovakia and drawing with Lithuania would have been considered an embarrassment years ago, but it really isnt anymore. The majority of the team dont play at a top level and have very little experience in big games i.e champions league etc. Its little wonder we play the way we do.

I woke up at 10pm (working midnight to midday), checked the score and was immediately sickened! Took me all my time to get round to reading my way through this thread.

What an arrogant, obnoxious little prick Strachan is. Surely he can't survive this?! It's not even the shit results or the absolutely baffling team selections, it's the shite he spouts in the media, even slagging off his own nation. Can't wait to see the back of the knob jockey! And he can take fooking Dingus with him!  :finger:

Not a clue who to take on next though. I'd rather see someone in McInnes and Lamberts age group take charge, but none of those two for obvious reasons.

I am not caring about the result am hoping this will be the end of that little ginger cunt and his sidekick, i also find it very hard to support my country that has players no performing at club level and players that have no idea what it means to play for Scotland,

Every one on here would love to pull on that strip, every scotsman playing in the SPL would love that chance and put in a shift playing for their country!

If i was to pick a Scotland team, it would be built round Griffiths and Burke. Oh and Rhodes

In that squad last night i would only pick 3 or 4 players, the rest wouldnt get near my sunday league pub team.

I fucking hate the phrase used alot by Scotland fans " who else is there to pick"

Their is 12 top teams in the SPL full of scotsmen, start looking there.

#sfaandstrachangettofuck

Well said Malaga.

I said in my original post that the central defence, Bannan and Strachan can GTF, i also highlighted the striker as being Griffiths position and from what i read that's exactly where it all went wrong.

I'm not claiming to be some sort of guru, everyone except fooking Strachan can see what i said is the case. He's got to go!

I am not caring about the result am hoping this will be the end of that little ginger cunt and his sidekick, i also find it very hard to support my country that has players no performing at club level and players that have no idea what it means to play for Scotland,

Every one on here would love to pull on that strip, every scotsman playing in the SPL would love that chance and put in a shift playing for their country!

If i was to pick a Scotland team, it would be built round Griffiths and Burke. Oh and Rhodes

In that squad last night i would only pick 3 or 4 players, the rest wouldnt get near my sunday league pub team.

I fucking hate the phrase used alot by Scotland fans " who else is there to pick"

Their is 12 top teams in the SPL full of scotsmen, start looking there.

#sfaandstrachangettofuck

Absolutely, haven't given a fuck about the team for some time now on the basis of the squads that have been chosen. It's pointless when you shoot yourself in the foot before you even cross that line. If they picked players on merit rather than "I can trust them" then we might see some improvement, or at least they could say, we tried.

True story, i swear on my bairns life!

Last season we kicked off the season on a sunday V the Dabs, while watching it in my local a mate of mine (a nigel) sent me a whatsapp message with a photo, " up in La Manga mate and look who i bumped into, can i pass on a message to your club legend and national gaffer?"

A photo of my mate and his son and strachan,

My reply was

" tell the ginger prick that the SPL kicked off this weekend and the biggest game in Scotland is on at the moment in Dundee, why the feck is he in La Manga? Ps hes a cunt love from your big sheepshagging mate"

Shows how much he thinks of the Scottish game

If they picked players on merit rather than "I can trust them" then we might see some improvement, or at least they could say, we tried.

Yep, that's it. He hasn't learned that from the Georgia game where he picked 5-6 players who weren't playing for their teams because "they hadn't let him down in the past". Fucking criminal. What's worse is that a cursory glance back at previous Scotland failures would show that had been the case before (McLeish made that mistake against Georgia previously and learnt from it). Scotland simply don't have the quality of player that even though they're not playing for their team are still good enough to be automatic pick for their country (I think Burke may get to that stage, and McFadden whilst at Everton was probably the last player who would have been at that level).

The thing is, international management is simple. Your role as manager is to get the best available players to turn up and get on with each other enough for 5-6 days that they can perform on the pitch and then go home. No favourites, no fall-outs, no not picking certain players because you don't like them etc. If a player is not playing for their team, then they don't make the first team unless there is no obvious replacement or they are an exceptional talent that brings something different to the team. Match fitness is key, and players shouldn't be getting themselves sharp playing for Scotland.

Hanley is a poor footballer at the best of times but, whilst I disagree, I sort of understand the reasons for playing him - in the same way was I understand why Ash Taylor gets a game for the dons. However, a Grant Hanley who isn't playing regularly takes being a liability to new extremes. The goals against Lithuania, Slovakia and numerous chances in both those games were directly caused by his concentration going out the window - i.e. match sharpness. I've been to many Scotland games where he's played and its obvious for anyone to see the dip from shite to really shite. The fact that he has a right back playing alongside him was made obvious by Martin's attempt at marking for the second goal - he made the exact move you'd expect from a right back who'd assume there was a centre half covering behind him.

Strachan has to go. It'll only get worse with him there and he simply can't learn lessons. The group is going in his favour so far, but we can't make decisions based on the luck that was outwith his control. The warning signs were there in the last campaign and he's taken forward his inability to learn lessons, thrown in a couple of huns for unnecessary good measure and we're left with a total cunt at the helm.

My 6 year old grandson was invited to a neighbors ( a girl) birthday party at the weekend.

He watched the bouncy castle being put up in her garden, saw that it had characters from some girly film on it and said " I'm not bouncing in THAT "

His mother went apeshit because he point blonk refused to go to the party.

Now, what has this got to do with football I hear you ask.

Imagine a dressing room with Billy Brebner, Joe Jordan, big Jim Holton in it and then imagine their reaction when you start to lay out that pink strip.

Bunch o' poofs

The thing is, international management is simple. Your role as manager is to get the best available players to turn up and get on with each other enough for 5-6 days that they can perform on the pitch and then go home. No favourites, no fall-outs, no not picking certain players because you don't like them etc. If a player is not playing for their team, then they don't make the first team unless there is no obvious replacement or they are an exceptional talent that brings something different to the team. Match fitness is key, and players shouldn't be getting themselves sharp playing for Scotland.

It really is that simple, yet Strachan cant seem to even do the basics. His biggest problem is that he cant recognise his own faults and doesn't like them being addressed by anyone else either. Changing anything would admit defeat and that doesn't seem to be in his personality to do that.

I do wonder how much he actually watches Scottish football and if its just a case of picking the players that get some plaudits in the media. As I said earlier, I genuinely couldn't tell you who half the team is or who the play for and im sure many others cant either. It is quite possibly the worst "Scotland" international team in history.

My 6 year old grandson was invited to a neighbors ( a girl) birthday party at the weekend.

He watched the bouncy castle being put up in her garden, saw that it had characters from some girly film on it and said " I'm not bouncing in THAT "

His mother went apeshit because he point blonk refused to go to the party.

Now, what has this got to do with football I hear you ask.

Imagine a dressing room with Billy Brebner, Joe Jordan, big Jim Holton in it and then imagine their reaction when you start to lay out that pink strip.

Bunch o' poofs

Is that some new fancy wine sipped by the olds at these bouncy castle parties?