Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Like or Dislike - Eire

BigAl

"Traitorous"? Traitors against what?

The Irish stood against the evils of the British Empire. For this alone they deserve respect.

Ironically the Irish can be very gypsy-like in their dealings but in their fight against the English, famously coming to a head with Michael Collins and Dublin in 1916, they at least had justice and integrity on their side.

I can't stand the oirish. But I can't stand the establishment as represented most recently by Bliar and Cameron more.

McGeady & McCartney, couple of Weegie boys choosing to play for the Oirish.

We can agree to disagree Rocket but that makes them traitorous cunts in my eyes.

I would have cut off my left or right testicle ( but not both) To represent my country of birth.

I wouldn't have voluntarily given up a testicle for that.

But "country of birth" is interesting. Where we are born isn't important. Two of my siblings were born in Aberdeen, Hong Kong, 2 & 4 years after I was born in Aberdeen, Scotland. Our middle 2 kids were born in Melbourne. They're no less Scottish than their older brother or younger sister.

These two obviously felt Irish. Whatever.

Thon James Mclean is a grade A cunt.  It's one thing sticking to your beliefs but to back them up in such a public manner (Turning away for national anthem, refusal to wear a poppy etc) is just childish.  He's a Joey Barton type who thrives off the attention.

I'm not a big lover of the Oirish. I'm sure the majority of them are fine folk but....

I think it's the effect that they have on this country is the thing that pisses me off about them most. McGeady and McCartney have already been mention and then there was Ray Houghton, all would have been sure starters for Scotland, i'm sure there's more. Then you've got that West coast thing where half them see themselves as Irish/Scots. I've family who are about 4 generations away from being Oirish but still tell you that they're Irish/Scots.... GTF!!!

I'll say one thing for them, for being such a small place and population (3 million i think) there's a helluva lot of people around the world who claim to be Irish decent! And again, some amount of fooking nutters/hardy hoors for such a wee place.

I'm not a big lover of the Oirish. I'm sure the majority of them are fine folk but....

I think it's the effect that they have on this country is the thing that pisses me off about them most. McGeady and McCartney have already been mention and then there was Ray Houghton, all would have been sure starters for Scotland, i'm sure there's more. Then you've got that West coast thing where half them see themselves as Irish/Scots. I've family who are about 4 generations away from being Oirish but still tell you that they're Irish/Scots.... GTF!!!

I'll say one thing for them, for being such a small place and population (3 million i think) there's a helluva lot of people around the world who claim to be Irish decent! And again, some amount of fooking nutters/hardy hoors for such a wee place.

To be fair you go abroad and everyone is quite keen on pumping up their Scottish roots.

Rod Stewart syndrome.  Basically where the hard-line Scottish faither would leather them at the thought of becoming more English, etc.

Three dandies in the squad is a good thing when Strachan can't even pick Shinnie.