Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland - Lithuania

manc_don

Pretty much sums it up.

I don't think so. Much as I'm sure that you and he and I and the vast majority of Scots would agree on the utter incompetence and uselessness of the SFA and indeed all football administrators, the interpretation isn't quite right here.

It's in the SFA's best interests that we have a successful national team. We're just incapable of delivering this for so many differing reasons and in my book, one BIG reason above all others.

To think that their uselessness manifests itself in apathy towards Scotland is an even worse example of flawed critical thinking than they themselves are capable of. It's understandable to come out with such shite so soon after a disappointment. It doesn't make it right though.

Strachen really is a cunt. As much as I dislike the shop lifting serial shagger Griffiths he is infinitely better than that useless cunt Martin yet Strachen proceeds not only to pick Martin but claim he was outstanding when everyone one else who watched the game could clearly see he was horse shit. 1 up front at home against a team you know are going to sit in was laughable. We needed a front 2 to move the Lithuanians about to create space but instead Strachen opts to punt balls up to a completely immobile lone striker.

Only positive last night was Slovenia beating Slovakia meaning we could as good as eliminate Slovakia if we win on Tuesday. We won't however as the Cunt will play for a draw like he did in Dublin in the last campaign.

Fuck that was a bad game last night. Reminded me of a McGhoo era dons performance coincidentally.

A shite line up from the start, McArthur should have been in instead of Bannan and Chris Martin should have been on a different continent just to be sure he couldn't have featured at any point. Whilst we didn't need to go two up front, we could certainly have allowed Snodgrass or Burke to remain much further forward. In the first half we played far too deeply for the home team against a pish outift.

Then he took on Forrest. What a cunt. The guy hasn't had one good game for Scotland in his whole international career. Whilst I thought Burke looked a little jaded and wasn't offering a huge amount he should have been kept on, and Griffiths for Martin should have always been the choice.

It was a poor performance overall, but when you play third rate players like Martin - he's like an even shiter Kevin Kyle - you can't expect to walk these games. International fitba should be easy, pick the guys who are performing for their teams and make sure you get the best players available to you in the squad (McCormack, Rhodes). Strachan picks "guys who haven't let him down before" and various other shite.

Then comes the interview, where Strachan really lets himself down. He pre-empts the criticism stating that we had a great second half and that Chris Martin had an excellent game, leaving the interviewer to stunned/stupid to question those points. He didn't do it to "protect the players" as was the suggestion, he did it to protect himself, and his own poor choices in team and selection and inability to change things when needed. Protecting Chris Martin would be to not play him in the first place. Barely-disguised trickery to praise him when others are questioning does him no favours - the player will know he was poor (the fact that anyone with any footballing knowledge could see he isn't international class - it was obvious within a minute of his first Scotland appearance - isn't really the player's fault). McInnes has his faults, but if the dons had played like that, he'd have been straight out saying it was unacceptable and not the performance he wants as manager. Strachan borrowed the McGhee manual of deflection.

The worst part about it is that we got a late goal, which is enough to ensure that Strachan keeps his job, and the rot continues until the inevitable sacking when it's too late. We should have learned our Levein-lesson and let him go at the end of the last campaign.

First I heard was texts from an English "mate" of mine, taking the piss.

It spoils it for him though when I don't give a fuck.

Listened to the Sportsound podcast though, just for a laugh.

Was a bit surprised that instead of being down, they were all just taking the piss.

The commentry team just laughing at a shitey Scotland side must spell the end for Strachan.

Then there was Strachan himself, the mans a joke, and not a very funny one at that.

Waited for his post match interview on Skype with mild interest to see if he could bring himself to be honest.

First question was " Well Gordon what is your view on the game"

Chesney replies " Well that was exciting wasn't it ? "

There endeth my interest in said interview.

Campaign probably over in little over 48 hours.

I feel sorry for youngsters that still get excited about Scotland and have never seen us qualify. At least in my day we got exciting campaigns even if we invariably fucked up once on the big stage.

The difference in quality of player from then to now is astounding.

My first Scotland  game was a 2-0 win against England in 1974

Just before we went to the world cup in West Germany

I was in the old North stand, the crowd was amazing that day, I was 15 and will never forget arriving at Glasgow Central

There must have been about five fitba specials arrived at the same time..

Place was mobbed, the noise was incredible.

If you'd told me that day that the time would come that I couldn't give a shite I would never have believed you.

My only question is do we have to wait until he fails in this campaign before we get rid of him.

He's already failed, in my eyes.  But yeah, we'll probably get rid of him two games before the end when the damage is already done, and then talk up the new replacement as showing "promise for next time".

I've just read his interview on the BBC site, it's bewildering how he can claim we were "unlucky" and Martin was "outstanding".  We were shyte and he wasn't.

Thankfully, God did the BBC player ratings and pretty much slated everything WGS said, which cheered me up a little.

Absolutely hilarious.

Was flicking through channels last night and happened upon the scotland game just as they scored.

My wife is still trying to figure out why I swore when I noticed that it was for an equaliser, one reason being that I had that game down for an away win and it was the one result that blew my coupon.

It's like the bad old days at Pittodrie. There were games back in the days where you hoped we'd actually get humped because that may just have provided the catalyst for change...

Martin - he's like an even shiter Kevin Kyle

That is a superb line!  :laughing:

My biggest issue is the lack of SPL or form players being played.

Patterson didn't look out of place at RB, yet the top scorer in the SPL the past few season can't get in due to a guy who had one decent little run in the Championship in England. It's just a farce.

Plus he refuses to play McCormack and Rhodes?!! Christ! Wales/NI/RI would all have them in their starting 11 every day of the week! - yet we don't?!!

The tactics never change. We get one guy in just as it's all went Pete-Tong in the current campaign who gives us a brief lift; then low and behold he's just the same tired boring appointment and he's dunted for the same old at the same point in the next campaign.

Until they take the appointment and the selections seriously, we'll be the laughing stock over and over.

Only if he is sacked, because that c*nt wont walk that's for sure. I don't think I dislike any manager in the game more than Strachan. Fantastic player, that's never in doubt, but what a wanker of a human being!

Can't see it happening. The amount he panders to the green shites sickens me as well. Cunt.