Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Traveller Site - Old Deer

Stupie82

Hi Guys,

Please could you take a minute to sign my petition below. Aberdeenshire Council are planning to put a travellers site up in Old Deer at Aikey Brae, very close to where I live. The site is a historical one, with one of the oldest stone circles in the Buchan area and the old abbey is nearby. The site is set to cost over £300K and the last time the travellers came here they trashed the area and left a right old mess. The locals love the area and it would be a shame and a real detriment to us if this went ahead. Cheers for reading !! I would really appreciate any support.

https://www.change.org/p/aberdeenshire-council-aberdeenshire-council-to-reconsider-travellers-site-at-aikey-brae-old-deer?recruiter=282736566&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Stupie,

I have tried to do it for you, but for some reason it wont let me sign, think its because i am in Spain, but i have someone on the case back home in Strichen, so hopefully you will get two signatures  :thumbsup:

Excellent! Cheers for trying yourself, much appreciated!!

I was joking.

But, selfishness would be a good reason. Old Deer, then they can fuck off back to Dundee with no need to stop anywhere near me on the way.

:laughing: aye I have heard plenty people say put it in Old Deer so it doesn't end up on their door step!! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't literally 500 yards from my own house. I only bought it earlier this year  :frown: