Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dees vs Dons - Sun - 12PM

McGinn is in the paper today saying much as we've all been saying, they need to get back to basics for the game against Dundee.  Although I was surprised he mentioned the confidence had taken a dent but hopefully they pull out a performance.  Big week coming up for DM, one which could define our season in all honesty.  We should have enough to see Dundee off and sounds like Shinnie should be ok for it.

Hopefully there will be a big crowd down for it, although I see Dundee have been charging the away fans more than the home fans?!? Surely that is illegal nowadays?

In / out: Out

Prematch: Hungover and recovering from a DT wedding

Match: The Rock, Bobby, are they still showing football there?

Post match: Train back to London

Prediction: 2-1, Rooney and Madisson

Game is live on SS2 I believe.

McGinn is in the paper today saying much as we've all been saying, they need to get back to basics for the game against Dundee.  Although I was surprised he mentioned the confidence had taken a dent but hopefully they pull out a performance.  Big week coming up for DM, one which could define our season in all honesty.  We should have enough to see Dundee off and sounds like Shinnie should be ok for it.

Hopefully there will be a big crowd down for it, although I see Dundee have been charging the away fans more than the home fans?!? Surely that is illegal nowadays?

In / out: Out

Prematch: Hungover and recovering from a DT wedding

Match: The Rock, Bobby, are they still showing football there?

Post match: Train back to London

Prediction: 2-1, Rooney and Madisson

Game is live on SS2 I believe.

Yeah, the Dons match will be on. They've also got BT Sports back so for any Dons matches on it, get yourself along to the Rock (provided you're not going to the game of course).

Red Stars won't be in unfortunately, we've got a cup tie when the game's on, will be recording it and avoiding the score

Yeah, the Dons match will be on. They've also got BT Sports back so for any Dons matches on it, get yourself along to the Rock (provided you're not going to the game of course).

Red Stars won't be in unfortunately, we've got a cup tie when the game's on, will be recording it and avoiding the score

Shame bobby! Good luck though  :thumbsup:

I see Shinnie has been passed fit, massive boost that!

Really need to win this one to give us a boost going into cup game on Thursday. Would like us to go 4-4-2 with Rooney and Storey as up front paring. Dundee have not looked great so far so we should be able to be more offensive than we have of late.

Oot

Edinburgh Zoo with wife and daughter and probably a raging hangover

See above

Flat

2-0 Rooney and McLean.

Andy walker is a cunt. The defender clearly makes contact with man before ball.

Good result and performance

Didn't have the volume on in our pub, presume he disagreed? Deserved 3 points, was pleased that the crosses that were being put in were for the right player (stockley). Was clearly not the right strategy for Rooney, wasn't get any luck at all, maddison was very impressive

Andy walker is a cunt. The defender clearly makes contact with man before ball.

Good result and performance

It was a definite penalty as the defender made contact with the top of his leg before touching the ball. Not that the ref could necessarily see it so a good call from him. Walker had the benefit of many replays so he really is a major cunt, as he's always been.

Didn't have the volume on in our pub, presume he disagreed? Deserved 3 points, was pleased that the crosses that were being put in were for the right player (stockley). Was clearly not the right strategy for Rooney, wasn't get any luck at all, maddison was very impressive

He described it as very soft, man's a buffoon.

Decent game like, good comfortable win in the end. We played some nice stuff at times, without really threatening much and they played some nice counter attacking fitba. Good response to the goal, great play by Maddison. I was critical of his work rate and back tracking last week, but he appeared to do a good bit more this week and crucially he was almost exclusively in the number 10 roll so that he wasn't expected to track as much. Be interested to hear the opinions of those who made it down as to his work rate. He's obviously a classy player, hopefully he'll manage to retain that performance level for the remainder of his short time here.

Belter of a header from Stockley too, he fairly gets the power in those ones. Shame it took Hayes on his wrong foot to eventually get the telling ball into the area! Hopefully the penalty will give McLean a bit of confidence going into the next couple of games, he played quite well today with Shinnie in there with him.

Special mention to Joe Lewis who had another assured performance coming for several crosses. He's an excellent 'keeper. Good all round performance though.

Belter of a header from Stockley too, he fairly gets the power in those ones. Shame it took Hayes on his wrong foot to eventually get the telling ball into the area! Hopefully the penalty will give McLean a bit of confidence going into the next couple of games, he played quite well today with Shinnie in there with him.

It was funny. I actually thought Hayes looked goosed on the left, thought he was going to get subbed off as it wasn't happening for him anymore. Kudos to McInnes, changed it up and he puts in a perfect cross that had the crucial finish on the end of it. Cracking header from Stockley. Really hope this was the confidence boost the team needed.