Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland's Game - BBC1 Thursday 25.8.16

Just watched it. A show about Celtic and Rangers, with some token acknowledgements here and there. Sums up the period perfectly.

Exactly as I thought it would be, pandering to both halves of Scotland's shame.

Hence the reason I didn't watch it.

Might have watched on catch up but from what you're saying doubt I'll bother

Exactly as I thought it would be, pandering to both halves of Scotland's shame.

Hence the reason I didn't watch it.

Might have watched on catch up but from what you're saying doubt I'll bother

It's got some interesting parts, don't get me wrong, but when within 3 minutes they have introduced Jabba as one of their main commenters, you know that its going to pander. The hibs, hearts bits are interesting too as are the dundee merger bits.

I hope the next part is a little more in depth though. It seems its just another presentation of the facts, with a few token gestures from the usual suspects, rather than an investigation - which is what's required. That doesn't seem to happen these days.

Spiers: "Murray enjoyed high stakes, taking risks..."

Yeah, high stakes and risks that weren't ever his, just the banks.

We'll just gloss over the fucking blatant cheating.

This is what annoyed me about it. Going on and on about how much Rangers were spending but refusing to even acknowledge that it wasn't their money. Although maybe I should give them the benefit of the doubt in case they're saving that for the next installment.

Agreed about the Rangers footage, Ginge. We all know it happens but was still quite something to see it with my own eyes. Was Murdo standing at the back belting that out too?

• 3 weeks later...

Last one seems to be about the grass roots and possible future of the game

There was a clip of Craig Brown on Radio Scotland this morning bemoaning that his proposal to emulate Gerrard Houlier's policy in French football was blocked by the Fido dido's and tribute act as it would 'hold them back in Europe.

Found this from November 2015

'Brown recalled that one of his own attempts to reform Scottish youth football with an idea developed in France had been blocked by Celtic and Rangers.

He had witnessed the progress made in France after then technical director Gerard Houllier introduced a rule that no club in the top flight could sign more than 20 players over the age of 20.

Injuries to senior players forced Monaco to introduce 16-year-olds Thierry Henry and David Trezeguet into their first team - and two years later they were in the France team that won the 1998 World Cup after their national team had failed to qualify for the previous two major finals.

Brown said that Rangers' representative Bert van Lingen and Celtic's Eric Black had told other clubs they should vote against Brown's proposal because it would put them at a disadvantage in European competition.

The former Scotland boss said that the compromise of having a minimum of three under-21 players in the match-day squads had been abused by the clubs.