Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

RUSSELL ANDERSON

I know this post is probably a waste of time and will never happen, but, what if at the end of the season Russell was still not breaking into the first team at Sunderland and was not featuring in Roy Keane's plans, would it not be an idea to try and by him back (or at least try and get him on loan with a view to a permanent signing). I know the board would probably baulk at the thought of any kind of fee, but surely with any money made from the original sale of Russell, European Run, Sky Money from Celtic cup game, etc, we should be investing it in a player that will shore up a very leaky defence where we are in danger of ruining Zander(I think there is too much pressure on him and he is still quite young and still learning). I read an article today where Jimmy said they were missing big Russell's influence in the team badly. In my own opinion I don't think Russell will feature in Roy Keane's plans, I think he will end up being overlooked with all the other defenders that have been signed, and I don't think Russell really wanted to leave the club in the first place.  What is everyones views on this subject ?     

I know the board would probably baulk at the thought of any kind of fee, but surely with any money made from the original sale of Russell, European Run, Sky Money from Celtic cup game, etc, we should be investing it in a player that will shore up a very leaky defence where we are in danger of ruining Zander

You see, we should be investing. But we won't.

Apparently money raised from the Anderson transfer/ Clark transfer / UEFA Cup and wages from departed players has been ringfenced for player contracts and investment into the youth setup according to the club. However, most players have decided to tell the club to stick their contracts up their arses.

Which leaves the question of where the money has gone? We were told that it would not go towards to servicing the debt. It hasn't gone towards new contracts (unless JC and Zander are on the largest contracts in the SPL), and it hasn't been invested in the youth setup.

The club are taking us for fucking mugs here while we continue to pay our money and back them across Europe.

Sorry for the OT rant by the way. On topic I'd like to see Anderson back but I would doubt it would ever happen.

Past experience highlight that it very often deosn't work out for players returning to a club. Apart from all the potential issues like transfer fee/wages etc, I just wonder if Russell would be looking at our current problems and thinking does he really want to put himself under immense pressure by coming back here to attempt to sort it out ???

I doubt very much this would ever happen. He'll want to stay down south and fight for a place in the team.  I also think Keane will want as many players available to choose from as possible.