Saturday 27th April 2024: Ā kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Josh Walker, Chris Maguire, Ricky Foster

Walker: Good to see a confident young lad, not afraid to walk straight into a team and take set pieces. Can pass well at times and could be a contender for the fastest player at Pittodrie. Needs to calm down a bit as he can panic at times. Needs more SPL experience to judge.

Ā 

Maguire: Not strong enough. Technically good, with sleek passing at times. Good crosses when he gets in position, which is not nearly enough. Men against boys today and it showed.

Ā 

Foster: Speed is not enough anymore. Afraid to go down the wings into crossing position, disappears from the game too often. Can't round an opposing player.

As I said previously. I wonder what Maguires purpose is. Is it to promote bleach blonde hair? Certainly plays like a hairdresser. Although thats harsh to haridressers, as at least they are quite cutting Ā ;). But the jury is still out on Walker. Only played 3 first XI games for us so far. Didn't really notice him apart from a few decent balls in, having a shot (though wild was good to see he was willing) and giving away a penalty. He's a young lad, we'll see what happens with him.

Foster, well we've been over him so much there's no point in discussing it further.

Josh Walker - massive potential - chucked in at deep end big time, currently looks out of depth - up against Scotty Broon today and Barry Nic off so still not seen best in him.

Ā 

Maguire - dont know if he will come good - chucked on off bench - never does much - would prefer Lovell starting, another spell in reserves in settled position not onto the wing may help.

Ā 

Richard Foster - good potential - lets get him nailed to one position and let him make it vs being used as utility player. Confidence player and struggles when things going against us. Defensive game has lost confidence in his pace and ability to burn other players.

Ā 

In reality they are reserve players but due to our depth of squad are in our first team - Maguire and Walker more so than Foster who I think has potential to be capable - the other 2 having youth up against them.

Ā 

Charlatans - maybe a bit harsh.

Foster: Speed is not enough anymore. Afraid to go down the wings into crossing position, disappears from the game too often. Can't round an opposing player.

Ā 

Sounds awful familiar. Has Foster officially now become the new Chris Clark?!?!

Ā 

I like the look of Walker. He's just a kid, but he does look like he has the ability. Plainly not up to pace with first team football yet though. I also don't think he got enough help from his midfield partner today...

Ā 

Maguire needs to go on loan to the first division. Same as so many of our failed youngsters before him, he'd really benefit from being able to play every week in an environment that'd toughen him up.

Ā 

Maguire needs to go on loan to the first division. Same as so many of our failed youngsters before him, he'd really benefit from being able to play every week in an environment that'd toughen him up.

Ā 

I'd agree here. An environment like that would toughen him up slightly and hopefully take him down a peg or two.

Ā 

Thinks he's a Billy Bigtime but he's only scored one SPL goal.

Sounds awful familiar. Has Foster officially now become the new Chris Clark?!?!

Ā 

I like the look of Walker. He's just a kid, but he does look like he has the ability. Plainly not up to pace with first team football yet though. I also don't think he got enough help from his midfield partner today...

Ā 

Ā 

:clap: Can't agree more. Though not sure about Foster. I don't know if he's got the potential. Seems to have returned to the rubbish he was pre last season. But can't be helped being moved from position to position all the time.

I fear for these boys who need to develop. Jimmy's history of developing players is poor due to his desire for players to play in a multitude of positions and buying in olderplayers who are not quite on top of thier game . There is a danger of them become tainted nearly men (Like Mackie) who will only progress so far.

Ā 

Far be it for me to stick up for that prick caldercunt, but was Mackie not a "nearly man" years and years before calderflump got here?

I like the look of Walker. He's just a kid, but he does look like he has the ability.

Ā 

The ability to pass a football isn't a big ask for a midfield player and it is something Walker has yet to grasp. Ā Both on Tuesday and today he was caught in possession and gave the ball away far too many times. Ā Should be used as a substitute until such time as he can get to grips with the pace of football at this level.

Ā 

Maguire will never make it as an SPL footballer, i don't think any more needs to be said there.

Ā 

Foster comes under a similar bracket as Maguire I'm afraid. Ā His decision making is awful, couple of times he had ball on the edge of the box and could've shot or crossed, but dwelled too long and ended up losing possession.

Ā 

Mackie was terrible. Ā Miller looked OK but again looks like we need a proper bruiser up front because the commitment throughout the team is dreadful.

Ā 

I don't know whether or not Diamond picked up a knock, but he had a miserable performance today and McDonald gave him a torrid time.

Ā 

Dave Bus? Ā You must be having a laugh Calderwood. Ā This guy is a shocker.

Ā 

McNamara, I'd like to know what he is being paid because it looks to me like he's stealing his wages.

Ā 

Maybury, off the pace a little, but up against McGeady for his debut is always going to be a big ask.

Ā 

Severin, one or two good touches, but largely anonymous.

Ā 

Langfield made a couple of good saves, was given no protection from his defence.

So...

Ā 

Thoughts on the aforementioned players?

Ā 

Walker - good. but far, far too much asked from him. He's taken the set pieces... surely that embarrasses cunts like Severin... and er.... young, and whoever else should be fucking embarrassed... he's an 18 year old on loan, and simply, calderwood is asking too much from him. That's a helluva responsibility from one so young, never mind one that isn't really signed to us.

Ā 

The other two... Christ. what's the point? I bought a paper this morning that is heavier than the two combined. That sums it up. Incidentally, my paper had a better hairdo than Maguire.

Back on subject

Ā 

Only seen Walker against Hamilton and he was the best player on the park that game so jury is out

Ā 

Maguire have only seen one game in which he has made me believe he wont be working in tesco's in 2 years time , every other game has had been root. Get rid

Ā 

Foster pace pace pace with nothing else good at overlaping the winger but that would require a winger on the pitch. Take any offer and get rid

I'm surprised Walker has been included within the thread title.Ā  What's your thoughts on him El Padre as, to me, there's far worse culprits than him.

Ā 

Walker - he's come up and been put straight into the team - not easy when it's a cup semi then celtic. He obviously needs to adjust to the spl as Boro reserves will be a different kettle of fish (not actually saying the spl is a better standard, just different pace etc.). He wants to get on the ball, can pass with both feet, tries like a bear, wants to take set pieces..pretty much everything you want in a player.Ā  He's a young lad though who needs to get up to speed with the spl (and can only do that through games) and experience will help his decision making. I like the look of him and doesn't deserve to be compared with Foster etc.

Ā 

Maguire - still can't get my head round this guy. Nichol a couple of seasons ago said he was the best young talent he's ever worked with. So what's happened to him? He looked good in the reserves playing through the middle. JC has tended to play him right or left but even when he has played through the middle he hasn't looked good. As my old man said today, he looks like he should have a handbag hanging off his arm. Don't know what more to say other than he doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard. A loan spell might help but not convinced.

Ā 

Foster - to me has always been a squad player who seems to have evolved into a regular. Still a squad player in my eyes.

I'm surprised Walker has been included within the thread title.Ā  What's your thoughts on him El Padre as, to me, there's far worse culprits than him.

Ā 

Walker - he's come up and been put straight into the team - not easy when it's a cup semi then celtic. He obviously needs to adjust to the spl as Boro reserves will be a different kettle of fish (not actually saying the spl is a better standard, just different pace etc.). He wants to get on the ball, can pass with both feet, tries like a bear, wants to take set pieces..pretty much everything you want in a player.Ā  He's a young lad though who needs to get up to speed with the spl (and can only do that through games) and experience will help his decision making. I like the look of him and doesn't deserve to be compared with Foster etc.

Ā 

Maguire - still can't get my head round this guy. Nichol a couple of seasons ago said he was the best young talent he's ever worked with. So what's happened to him? He looked good in the reserves playing through the middle. JC has tended to play him right or left but even when he has played through the middle he hasn't looked good. As my old man said today, he looks like he should have a handbag hanging off his arm. Don't know what more to say other than he doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard. A loan spell might help but not convinced.

Ā 

Foster - to me has always been a squad player who seems to have evolved into a regular. Still a squad player in my eyes.

Ā 

Walker seems to me to be well out of his depth. Maybe he was a performer for the Middlesborough reserves, but he just doesnt seem aware enough or sharp enough for this level.

Ā 

Calderwood has to bite the bullet and re-employ a scouting network for next season or we're going to backwards very very quickly.

Walker seems to me to be well out of his depth. Maybe he was a performer for the Middlesborough reserves, but he just doesnt seem aware enough or sharp enough for this level.

Ā 

Calderwood has to bite the bullet and re-employ a scouting network for next season or we're going to backwards very very quickly.

Ā 

Disagree r.e. Walker but we're all entitled to our opinions. I'd have him in my team and let him develop any day.

Disagree r.e. Walker but we're all entitled to our opinions. I'd have him in my team and let him develop any day.

Ā 

That would be fine if he was being developed as a future AFC player, but he's a loan player so we have no responsibility towards his development as a player. We need someone in the middle of the park who can do a job and do it consistently, for me Walkers not going to be that man.

Ā 

I agree with this.Ā  Looks well off the pace and out of his depth although looks like he has promise.Ā  But with the run of games we have coming up don't think we have the time to wait for him to settle in just in time for him to bugger off back down the road.