Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Nuisance Phone Calls

Tyrant

Recently I've been plagued with calls from all over the UK from folk who seem to want to help me claim compensation for accidents that I've supposedly had in my car. Sometimes they even specify a date. Unless you suffer a pretty severe head injury you're going to fucking remember if you were involved in an accident! What's even more annoying is that some pricks are passing on your details. The last one today has my full name, address and (previous) car details. I contacted my insurer (as the car has only ever been insured with them) and they say they never give out any details. So the only other folk it could be are the DVLA. So I'm going to have to get on the blower to them and accuse them accordingly.

My old man's land line gets hogged by nuisance callers too. Many of them end up being recorded messages. They don't even give you the time of day after you've given them yours!

Anyone managed to successfully remove themselves from cold callers' lists?

Mistake we made was switching from Virgin to BT.

The only nuisance calls we had before the switch was from Virgin asking us to upgrade but there was only about 4 a year.

Soon as the BT switch was complete (bastards wouldn't let us keep the old number) we started getting calls about replacement boilers/ insulation improvements and bizarrely from the Scottish Labour party which revealed the number we had been given was previously used by what i presume to be an elderly couple about 3miles up the road.

Whilst Labour took us off their list the others are persistent to the point we now unplug the phone until the weekends.