Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Favourite things to wear

Let's see if any of us have the same preferences.

Starting from the bottom: -

What's your favourite

Boots - Viberg

Shoes - Alden

Trainers - Merrell (Gore Tex)

Troosers - Incotex & Kuhl

Shirts - Savoy Tailors Guild & M&S Collezione

T-shirt/Polo - Rohan & Fred Perry

Jumper/Top - Arc'Teryx Softshell & Peter Millar

Jacket (casual) - Kuhl

Jacket (waterproof) - Arc'Teryx

Hat - don't wear them so no fav

I wear whatever I feel is good value for money, looks half decent and fits properly. There are some brands that I maybe tend to favour and others that I dislike.

That's quite a talent, to make a "contribution" to a thread that says absolutely fuck all. You and some other like-minded people should get together, hook up and go out on the town. I bet the women swarm around fun guys like you.

Value for money? Get what you pay for is the better known but you only pay for quality once is better.

What's your favourite

Boots - Hi-tec - only because they are the only ones i've owned

Shoes - Ted baker

Trainers - New Balance / Nike / Adidas

Troosers - Levis / Uni Qlo

Shirts - Zara or Reiss

T-shirt/Polo - American Eagle

Jumper/Top - Not overly fussed

Jacket (casual) - As above

Jacket (waterproof) - Surfanic

Hat - Depends on the season

That's quite a talent, to make a "contribution" to a thread that says absolutely fuck all. You and some other like-minded people should get together, hook up and go out on the town. I bet the women swarm around fun guys like you.

Value for money? Get what you pay for is the better known but you only pay for quality once is better.

It's a contribution that says plenty. After all from this contribution you were somehow able to conclude that I'm boring. The fact that you're happy to judge my entire personality on that post says a lot more about you than it does about me.

I don't bend over and spunk silly amounts of money on stuff going blindly on the premise that "you get what you pay for." Although I do tend to spend a bit more on footwear. I have a pair of Dune shoes which are a lot better than pretty much any shoes I've had in the past. They fit, feel and look better.

For trainers I tend to favour Nike, Puma or Adidas although when you have as much trouble as me getting the correct size I can't always afford to be picky.

When it comes to trousers, shirts, t shirts I don't really care. I don't wear jumpers and rarely wear hats. Maybe I will when I start to go bald but my hair is glorious so why hide it?

New fav shirt and Polo shirt now - Bagozza.

I'd never been in the shop at Thistle Street. Rizzi fae Istanbul selling stuff from Milano has been there six years!

Only noticed it the other week from the car but found myself on foot passing at lunchtime so went in.

Don't you love that? Coming across something you never knew existed which is sheer quality.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Bunch o' sad bastards.

Only poofs and lassies would be interested in clothes.

Aberdeen - Makro

Budapest - Skala Metro

Both have stopped doing shoes which is a fuckin nightmare, managed to get the ones I am wearing from a down market stall for under £15.........result.

It has to be said that Makro was mainly for shoes.

I don't suppose I have bought anything in this country for ages, apart from work troosers from Markies and then only online.

I think I would spontaneously combust if I had to actually go into Markies.

Feet - Havanas flip flops

Punts - N/A

Cover the Stroop and erse - nike, Atletico de Madrid shorts.

Cover the papps and belly - a cheap and cheerful tshirt from decathlon.

Am probably one o the roughest looking buggers gan about!

I learned a lesson since moving here, sun lotion stains your clothes and nobody gives a fuck, except from British tourists. Spot the daft cunts a mile away

Let's see if any of us have the same preferences.

Starting from the bottom: -

What's your favourite

Boots - Viberg

Shoes - Alden

Trainers - Merrell (Gore Tex)

Troosers - Incotex & Kuhl

Shirts - Savoy Tailors Guild & M&S Collezione

T-shirt/Polo - Rohan & Fred Perry

Jumper/Top - Arc'Teryx Softshell & Peter Millar

Jacket (casual) - Kuhl

Jacket (waterproof) - Arc'Teryx

Hat - don't wear them so no fav

Not my kind of thread but I'd be interested to know if you are:

(a) a lady

(b) a queer

© someone that loves rugby

(d) all of the above

Not my kind of thread but I'd be interested to know if you are:

(a) a lady

(b) a queer

© someone that loves rugby

(d) all of the above

Not your kind of thread yet your first post? Do you normally dwell in negativity?

I shouldn't be surprised at some of you thinking women and poofs. I used to think like that too. When I was skint.

;)

No that's not true. I would never have gone for stuff like North Face or Berghaus or Superdry or Hollister - or the equivalent brands back then - for one simple reason. It's too popular. If most people like it, it must be shit. Hmm, that's not true either as I had Adidas and Levi's and even Wranglers once upon a time.

I hope you win a Fjallraven shirt in a raffle so you can appreciate the difference quality makes.

• 2 weeks later...

I love a flat cap.

I have several, favourites are a dark navy and a Donegal tweed.

Flat caps were the only thing back in the day. Every cunt wore them and I mean every cunt. The baseball cap hadn't even been invented and took its time to enter the leisure wear market, only then being adopted by certain groups, outwith Amerikuh of course.

Whenever I see a flat cap on someone younger than 70, I think arse. That's a terrible stereotypical generalisation I know but it's what my instinct screams. It's like they're not comfortable in their own skin, like they're hankering for something past, like they've yet to find their own individual expression, like they've got fucking nothing original to say. And if said flat cap wearer also has a beard then sorry, I can't deal with the cunt. Actually, the cap alone would be enough to write him off.

My wife got given an Akubra from her mates in Melbourne as a goodbye present (nae cunt bought me fuck all so I got masel a Drizabone and some Blundstones). In coming up for two dozen years since we left, I've worn the jacket as often as she's worn the hat, which is never. Which is a shame as I think it really suits her and is obviously excellent quality, very well made. Your post has made me decide. Going to offer it to daughter 2 when she visits this weekend.

Hats just don't come into the equation for some people. You're either a hat person or yer no.