Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Goalkeeper - How about Michael McGovern?

Heard on the BT Sport coverage that Michael McGovern is out of contract at the end of the season. He has been a thorn in our side many a time and he is one of the best in the SPFL, certainly better than Scott Brown. I think he would be worth offering a contract. All we have is Brown and young Rogers coming back. I think we would want two top level keepers.

Friday night just reinforces how crucial it is that we have a new confident goalkeeper between the sticks for the start of next season. I would be interested to see the stats for goals conceded before and after Danny Ward left. The defence have no confidence in Scott Brown and rightly so after another game changing error. He has cost us on too many occasions. I know he has pulled off a few good saves along the way but he makes too many errors. :hammer:

• 1 month later...
“We’re working hard on a few things right now and we are looking to bring in a goalkeeper to be our number one and we are also looking to add more of a physical presence to our team.

“We must be smart with our work this summer and identify key players to bring in and make sure we are ready.”

Quote is from the EE. Now is he laying the gauntlet down to Rogers or looking to bring someone experienced in (i.e. in the mould of Kjaer) to give Rogers a bit more competition?  Personally, I think we should give him a go, but we need someone that is more than capable of stepping in.  Our keeping situation for the past few years (Ward aside) has been pretty shite.