Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pittodrie Layout Consultation

'Singing sections' do not make sense as they are a mockery of the whole aspect of support.

A large crowd is going to be noisy and adding tribalism, a fair serving of intoxication should automatically make it clear you are not going to be sitting in a library.

Having designated areas all to easily leads to 'excuse me if you want to sing then go over there, this is the non singing section.'. Can see stewards asking to check your season tickets for a note stating 'this person is allowed to make noise'

As for moving the family section to the RDS? Smacks of someone in the marketing department spotting its the only stand with facilities to host extra curricular items such as face painting etc. They want to create an unrivalled atmosphere and yet they want to remove a section of the ground which helps generate what little noise comes out of the dons fans.

Move the family section to the Main Stand and hand over the ENTIRE Merkland to the general population. Its low roof is similar to The Shed at Tannadice so the potential for creating noise is clear.

This exact scenario was suggested to the club on several occasions. It seems strange they're now forwarding it as their own idea. Anyway, it makes sense. Family section next to the tunnel and back, probably enough seats in that side and along the front to keep the kids away from the away end (although 99% of the time that won't be an issue). Giving the whole Merkland up for those that wish to jump around and wave flags and so forth is a good idea, especially if they unofficially allow them to stand. From where I sit in the mainer, it's very difficult to hear any singing from the current singing section in the RDU. In the Merkland, it may just be close enough to get the rest of the ground joining in a bit more.

This exact scenario was suggested to the club on several occasions. It seems strange they're now forwarding it as their own idea. Anyway, it makes sense. Family section next to the tunnel and back, probably enough seats in that side and along the front to keep the kids away from the away end (although 99% of the time that won't be an issue). Giving the whole Merkland up for those that wish to jump around and wave flags and so forth is a good idea, especially if they unofficially allow them to stand. From where I sit in the mainer, it's very difficult to hear any singing from the current singing section in the RDU. In the Merkland, it may just be close enough to get the rest of the ground joining in a bit more.

Nae if they continue to sing their weird songs that no non Ultra knows/cares about. Singing Stand Free is too mainstream for them.

Nae if they continue to sign their weird songs that no non Ultra knows/cares about. Singing Stand Free is too mainstream for them.

Problem is we only sing 3 songs and it gets tiresome and boring. Kudos to them for trying to bring in some new songs into our repertoire. Other fans manage, why can't ours? Who knows one or two might actually stick.

Problem is we only sing 3 songs and it gets tiresome and boring. Kudos to them for trying to bring in some new songs into our repertoire. Other fans manage, why can't ours? Who knows one or two might actually stick.

I know what Tyrant means though, one of the few songs I did hear from the mainer earlier in the season was something about Darren Mackie - hilarious. Loons enjoying themselves though, so fair play. Hopefully they'll be joined by a lot more folk next season.

• 3 weeks later...

That's surprising. A shame really, it was clearly the obvious choice. They've never been concerned what season ticket holders thought before, or paid attention to surveys, so I suspect somebody more important must have questioned it. It's not acceptable to re-locate some supporters to another part of the ground, but it is acceptable to move the entire stadium to a foggy shitehole out of town? Anyway, if I'm reading it correctly, the merkland is now going to be half family stand, half singing section? Seems a strange combination!

Has Milne given up on stadium relocation? It was only he who wanted it. He was agitating for a new stadium before he became chairman. He proposed a location in Kingswells, clearly a geographically-ridiculous suggestion. The fact it was to land that he would have personally profited from was disgusting.

Nope. Believe they are still having meetings with the council in regard to the out of town shitehole.

That's surprising. A shame really, it was clearly the obvious choice. They've never been concerned what season ticket holders thought before, or paid attention to surveys, so I suspect somebody more important must have questioned it. It's not acceptable to re-locate some supporters to another part of the ground, but it is acceptable to move the entire stadium to a foggy shitehole out of town? Anyway, if I'm reading it correctly, the merkland is now going to be half family stand, half singing section? Seems a strange combination!

I wonder if it's maybe the manager? He was very diplomatic with his answers the other week at the Q&A but it's very clear he feels the atmosphere is typically shite and that something had to be done. 

I find the merkland's reaction to goals to be particularly disappointing so moving the family section out of there would be a smart move however I say it should be to one of the main stand wings.

This 'singing section' shite is really irritating and needs to be removed from all future press releases about the stadium. They want an atmosphere yet want it to only come from small sections of the ground.

Perhaps it would be better if they had a 'quiet section(s)' where those who don't want to take part in anything can sit without worrying about their view being obstructed by people in-front choosing to stand during the game or whether or not they will get hassle for not taking part in chants etc.

Perhaps it would be better if they had a 'quiet section(s)' where those who don't want to take part in anything can sit without worrying about their view being obstructed by people in-front choosing to stand during the game or whether or not they will get hassle for not taking part in chants etc.

It's called the Richard Donald Lower...