18. Paul Sturrock

17. Alex McLeish

16. Andy Goram

15. David Narey

14. Sandy Jardine

13. Richard Gough

12. Lubo Moravcik

11. John Greig

Would expect to see Miller, Strachan and Leighton in the top ten.  The one glaring omission for me though is Stewart McKimmie. 

Surprised McLeish is as low as 17 however.

At the end of the day, it was always going to boil down to an opinion or the opinions of the people who put it together and being a weegie paper, it was always going to highlight the OF players, understandably.

I would say that they got 1 and 2 right, or more properly, my 1 & 2 accords with theirs but I know McGrain was a great Left Back but no way the third best player in history. That's just ridiculous, as are so many on that list, Charlie Nicholas and particularly Kenny Dalglish being so far down relative to their exceptional skill and influence.

We could argue all day about it but at the end of the day, it's just opinions. The MVP concept (Most Valuable Player) doesn't even have a framework let alone the data within it to determine who was better than who and given the nature of the game, I'm not sure that we would ever want to see player comparisons subject to concrete data analysis. Science can reduce everything to data on whatever micro level but sometimes art is best left to appreciation and admiration.

It's a local shop list for local weegie/of people

So would McClair, Robertson, Aitken, Duffy and Dodds not be in it then given their history?  Although for my money Dodds wouldn't be a consideration at all.

It's a piss poor list. Obviously most of the entrants are going to be connected to the OF as apart from 4 seasons one of the OF has won the title. I would say that it's just been poorly thought out rather than anything else. For example, one of the Aberdeen players - Stark - should be nowhere near the list in my opinion. A fine enough player but considering who was left out he just shouldn't be there.

Leighton, McKimmie and Malpas not being in it is really the biggest oversight, but Klos and Aitken should both be in it as well.