Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Accies v AFC

So international break over and back to league action this weekend.

Pretty shit kick off time for those planning on travelling from God's own country.

Have got a 10:30 tee off time, so going to miss going to game or seeing live on tv.

Big test for us this one. Need to hit the ground running and build some momentum going into festive period.

Could really do with a run like we enjoyed last season.

Don't think there will be much in it on Sunday and going for an odd goal victory for us

2-1 (Rooney & Shinnie)  :thumbsup:

Really not sure what to make of this game, they're not on the best form, but I can't exactly say we're back on form. Regardless, looking forward to the game, especially since i'll be hungover so it'll be nice to catch it in the flat.  Massively important to build upon our victory against the Arabs as we've not exactly got an easy run up to Christmas so need confidence to be high or at least positively steady.

Out

Brunch somewhere

Flat

Flat

2-1 Dons, Logan

Really not sure what to make of this game, they're not on the best form, but I can't exactly say we're back on form. Regardless, looking forward to the game, especially since i'll be hungover so it'll be nice to catch it in the flat.  Massively important to build upon our victory against the Arabs as we've not exactly got an easy run up to Christmas so need confidence to be high or at least positively steady.

Out

Brunch somewhere

Flat

Flat

2-1 Dons, Logan

Logan & ?

Really need to get 3 points today with both Celtic and hearts dropping points.  I see Hamilton are wearing the French away kit today... ::)

Team news:

Turns out Jack was one of the doubts, turned his ankle after the arabs game, likely to miss out next week too.

Ward, Logan, Shinnie, Taylor, Reynolds, McLean, Flood, Rooney, McGinn, Hayes, Pawlett

Last time I can recall the players acting the way they did with throw ins was back in the days of Alex Miller/ Gardner Spears. The taker stood looking for a target and after an eternity would either throw it to a teammate 6yards away eventually resulting in a throw in to Hamilton, or throw it straight to a Hamilton head.

Fuck all urgency shown especially after the Accies goal. Seems to me they had settled for a 1-0 win the moment McLeans shot hit the net. Suicadal passes and poor concentration were rife and Hamilton fans should be raging they only got a point out of that.

The hungry ruthlessness of the Tynecastle match seems to have been starved out of them.  :hammer:

Another gutless supine performance. It is hard to reconcile the team of driven winners v Celtic and the intensity and guile in the destruction of Hearts has been reduced to this Mcgheesque performance.  Its not good enough to say its a bad run.

Celtic are there for the taking, this is the worst side i have witnessed for a while, with a manager who is utterly out of his depth. Every Aberdeen player should be of the mindset we can absolutely do this and put every sinew into achieving it. This was evident up to Hearts. The metamorphosis to a team of utter shitebags who simply do not want it requires examination. It sickens me. They dont want it.

Last time I can recall the players acting the way they did with throw ins was back in the days of Alex Miller/ Gardner Spears.

Gardner was with Ebbe. 

Absolutely agree with the rest of your post though especially in respect of urgency.  Our players don't really care if we win or not (or so it seems). Our manager seems to be regressing to last season in terms of substitutes - we needed a goal long before they scored today and yet he made our first subs with only 10 mins to go. 

Taylor is a fucking disaster. Logan was brutal for a large part of the game. We can't have one side of our defence playing like that but they've been playing like that for weeks now.

This will be an entirely unpopular opinion and I am quite disappointed that I'm saying it, but it's maybe time for McInnes to go.  Regardless of what has happened or not, he has proven  that he is unable to halt this run and perhaps more tellingly, he has proven unable to get his players playing for him as they did in the first  6/7 weeks of the season.  They're the same players, but they seem utterly uninterested now. DM didn't think his team would win today, his body language tells you that. The players didn't either, their body language tells you similar. I don't see a way back from this.  Ideally, for me, McInnes stays and we sort it out, but I think we're beyond that now.

You're probably the first to say it but I fear that you're right.

McInnes is proving hopelessly inept these last couple of months.

He doesn't look like he has much about him.

Unfortunately the candidate pool for his replacement is shockingly poor.

We can't afford real quality. Or more properly, our chairman is disinclined to invest in a decent manager, "the football side of the business" not being his priority.