Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Your The Manager - Celtic / Bayern

Tried to think of this last night but was too depressed to concentrate. Wondering what everyone would do for Sunday and Thursday ??

Main point being that the SPL tie is vital for our season and league position, and simultaneously that some of the players have possibly THE defining game of their careers on Thursday.

SPL

A Dundee Utd win at home v Hibs and we lose they go 8 points clear of us.

A Motherwell win at H Killie and again we lose they go 5 points clear of us.

Caley winning away at St Mirren would see them leapfrog us .

If Hearts beat Gretna then this places them 3 points behind us.

Things really tighten up and the net result is we end up in 6th. 7th if Falkirk do the unimaginable and get a result at Ibrox. Draws all round would do me ! Away to Hibs and Killie before Motherwell visit midweek Feb. Bring on March where we have a chance of 9 'easier' points H ST Mirren H Gretna A ICT.

Bayern

I would love to say I would give 110% in every game but with the Bayern game awaiting - would you want to get injured? Its going to make Sunday tougher, 50/50s - players potentially holding back..

Time to gamble and say show me you're worth the start against Munich vs Celtic I reckon - its what the fans deserve after last night..

Team Selection - going to defer on that until later in the week cant be arsed looking up who is injured or ineligible..

Tried to think of this last night but was too depressed to concentrate. Wondering what everyone would do for Sunday and Thursday ??

Main point being that the SPL tie is vital for our season and league position, and simultaneously that some of the players have possibly THE defining game of their careers on Thursday.

SPL

Things really tighten up and the net result is we end up in 6th. 7th if Falkirk do the unimaginable and get a result at Ibrox. Draws all round would do me ! Away to Hibs and Killie before Motherwell visit midweek Feb. Bring on March where we have a chance of 9 'easier' points H ST Mirren H Gretna A ICT.

Bayern

I would love to say I would give 110% in every game but with the Bayern game awaiting - would you want to get injured? Its going to make Sunday tougher, 50/50s - players potentially holding back..

Time to gamble and say show me you're worth the start against Munich vs Celtic I reckon - its what the fans deserve after last night..

Team Selection - going to defer on that until later in the week cant be arsed looking up who is injured or ineligible..

C"mon now mate, thats just silly  ;)

I disagree that Thursday night will be the defining point of some players careers. It is a glamour tie, but last Tuesday was that moment to grab the limelight and a possibility of silverware. We're going to get humped by Bayern, but i'm not bothered because with their international quality, they should do. It's time for the players to stand up and be counted. We are underachieving massively this season, and its actually pathetic. The sooner we're out of the UEFA cup the better. Maybe then they'll smell the roses and start performing.

I disagree that Thursday night will be the defining point of some players careers. It is a glamour tie, but last Tuesday was that moment to grab the limelight and a possibility of silverware. We're going to get humped by Bayern, but i'm not bothered because with their international quality, they should do. It's time for the players to stand up and be counted. We are underachieving massively this season, and its actually pathetic. The sooner we're out of the UEFA cup the better. Maybe then they'll smell the roses and start performing.

Agree with this. Another thing that will no doubt wind me right up on Thursday is how quickly they all manage to move when trying to get Luca Toni's shirt at the end of the game. Will be the most interested some of them will have appeared all season.

As I've said previously, this is what stuck in my throat on Tuesday as I walked home. Those bastards will play out of their skins on Thursday. Do they not see that we are not that arsed about how we perform against top flight european sides we just want to go to Hampden on a weekend with the excitement and hope of a cup triumph in our lungs. Its not a fucking lot to ask to wipe the floor with a severely understrength, poor united side with a fucking garden shed leading their line...is it?

I think we'll regain some pride over the next two matches.  I can see us beating Celtic on Sunday, the players SHOULD be desperate to make amends for Tuesday night.

The Bayern game will take care of itself, I can see us giving them a hard time at Pittodrie.  A lot though will depend on whether Bayern can arsed shifting into 5th gear.  If they do then I really fear for us over in Germany.  They may however do what Atletico did and do just enough to secure a win.

I think that will be the case that Bayern will do just enough to win the game. celtic will hopefully think tha they can do the same against  an "inferior" league team, so if we give em a shock and hve a right go at them i believe we can beat the tim tomorrow.  To be honest I think  everyone in the club are missing Ajja's point. Yes its all very nice being in Europe and still in it at this stage, buts its been FAR TOO LONG since we have had a decent cup run, never mind  winning a bit of silver ware.  THAT is why last week was SO disaponting. You have to look after the bread and butter games to make sure you keep yourselves in that position of being able to swan around Europe.

There is no point in being in Europe if you are being gubbed by every other team you encounter.

Okay biggest game rather than defining would have put it better. :thumbsup:

After the players hang up their boots I would bet they will be telling the grandkids about playing against Bayern Munich rather than playing the arabs at Tynie ( esp. after that fucker of a scoreline). I do agree fully though that Tuesday was a bitter pill to swallow - and a massive chance blown for a final / trophy. most disorganised performance I have seen from the Dons for a long long time.

There is no escaping the fact we have played rank rotten on a regular basis this season but somehow we are still there fighting.Here's hoping that we can do something good today - feeling positive about it for some reason, must be that defective optimism gene that all Dons fans get.

Team today my guess though not choice 4-5-1 most probably and hold out for a draw ..

Langfield

McNamara, Diamond, Considine, Maybury

Young, Nicolson, Severin, Walker,Foster

Miller

SPL

Bayern

Spot on!

I think that will be the case that Bayern will do just enough to win the game. celtic will hopefully think tha they can do the same against  an "inferior" league team, so if we give em a shock and hve a right go at them i believe we can beat the tim tomorrow.  To be honest I think  everyone in the club are missing Ajja's point. Yes its all very nice being in Europe and still in it at this stage, buts its been FAR TOO LONG since we have had a decent cup run, never mind  winning a bit of silver ware.  THAT is why last week was SO disaponting. You have to look after the bread and butter games to make sure you keep yourselves in that position of being able to swan around Europe.

There is no point in being in Europe if you are being gubbed by every other team you encounter.

Playing devil's advocate some would argue - and I'm genuinely not saying me - that after recent seasons' performances in cup competitions (dare I bring up the Queens Park game!) getting to a semi is a decent cup run? I know the doubters already have us out of the Scottish Cup but we're also still in the quarters of it - decent cup run?

I absolutely get your point, however, wonder if at this stage in terms of progressing (although I realise we're not playing pretty football) if slating ourselves for not having getting to the final is a bit harsh?