Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Murderwell

Surely a chance to get back to basics and demolish the wanks from firpark.. Think we need to put out our strongest starting 11 and hopefully walk away with an absolute rout, could be just what the team needs to build the confidence.

In or out: Out, Work :(

Pre Match: Start at 6am

Post Match: Hopefully pub after a 6-0

Result: 4-1 Dons, Rooney hattrick and Mcginn

COYR & SF

Not sure where you're getting your optimism from but please pass it on to the team! Really hope we get back to winning ways, I don't care how, but we need to arrest this collapse in form.  The team are capable of putting another run together, but need to get back to doing the basics as you say.  Also, I want to make sure Magoo is crying into his potato salad. Cunt.

Out

hungover

town or listening online

hopefully celebrating

2-2, Rooney and Quinn

All this said, it all depends on how DM lines up our back line. If he's sensible and plays the best 4 available, we should be ok.

Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

Jack MacLean

McGinn Smith (why not, he deserves his chance after recent weeks) Hayes

Rooney

Two things are certain, that back line needs to play and Rooney needs to be up top.  I'd agree with Smith although i'm not sure what his current form is for the u-20's.  Jack should provide some solidity though his form has been suspect of late as well.  I just want McGee to be greetin, because that means we would have done our job and won.

Must win game for the Dons. Defeat and a doing off the Plastics next week could easily trigger a complete collapse and see us starting to slide down the league. Also the thought of that clown McGhee's grining puss if they were to win makes me feel ill. Getting one over on that fuckwit should be enough motivation on its own for the team. I would like to see Quinn in for Taylor at the back on Saturday and Shinnie going to left back. Got to assume Jack will return as well. I would like McLean to be played further forward but fact that Flood is shite and Robson is past it will probably mean he will sit deep besdie Jack.

Oot

Flat

Edinburgh City v Buckie in SC

Flat

1-0 , Rooney

Bar a 20 minute period in the 2nd half we were piss poor again. There is something seriously wrong in that team - attitude, particularly when having to chase back was incredibly poor.

Ryan Jack - awful. Awful attitude and a very poor performance. No drive, never looking to do anything beyond his usual sideways pass - that's not a leader.  Everton looking at him last summer? He'll be lucky if Dundee are looking at him next summer if this is indicative of how the rest of his season is going to go. 

Rooney gets pass marks, as does Pawlett despite the fact he should have buried a great chance and failed. Ward was brilliant and got us a point at the end.  The midfield is just non-existent. Powder puff.  A couple of years too late but the ideal guy for us right now would have been Kari Arnason - physical presence who can play a bit too. We have nothing - Stephen Pearson strolled through our central midfield area today any time he wanted to.

Putting McLaughlin on up front/wing when we needed to get a winner was just a bizarre move too.  Goodwillie wonderful chance at the end as well, another piss poor touch and the chance is gone. Why do we persist with him?

I could go on and on about how poor we were today but i won't depress you or myself anymore with it. Thoroughly scunnered with them.  Time for a drink.

Said the same to a few other yesterday bobby, something has changed and it doesn't sound like they're playing for the manager anymore. I saw a few fezbook posts questioning jacks captaincy and I'd say they're right to do so. I wonder whether Reynolds should regain the captaincy or even McLean. Someone that will lead by example. I know there were certainly murmurings of discontent in the dressing room after the hibs game. Something isn't right.

Was the Reynolds goal correctly ruled out for offside? Predicted a point, we've at least stopped the slide, but we really need to start fucking playing again.

We were at the opposite end of the park for the Reynolds goal so i couldn't say for certain.

It honestly looked as though Jack has chucked it. I was fucking disgusted with his performance yesterday and his huffing with his teammates was just as unacceptable.  I'd give the captaincy to Shinnie. Shinnie himself didn't have his best game yesterday but he never once hid. Hiding being something his captain was shamefully guilty of.

Play like that next week and we'll get battered.

Another poor performance by us.

A brief 15-20 minute spell after the break where we looked like we were clicking back into place and then it all just went to pot.  We seem to be so slow in our build up play, we play around 5 or 6 passes across the midfield and by the time we think of going forward the opposition has everyone back defending and we then find it difficult to break teams down. What happened to earlier in the season when we were catching people on the break and using McGinn and Hayes down the flanks??

Ryan Jack for me isnt a captain, watching him against St Johnstone and on Saturday and he barely has any interaction with the players around him at all, I would rather see Shinnie get the band or even Reynolds again, heck even big Ash would do a better job.

Something is certainly not right somewhere, confidence is rock bottom and the players don't seem to be interested. Something has got to give and soon.

Shinnie is a good shout imo.  That said it took time for Anderson to grow into the role, couple of seasons if memory serves.

That's pretty much my view too, I haven't been too impressed with Jack as captain but I reckon it's far too early to be writing him off, he will grow into the role

Ryan Jack is 23 not sure he has more 'growing' to do

True, but when did Anderson really grow into the role as captain?  Personally, I can't see Jack as Captain.  He's never been vocal enough nor have a strong enough presence to warrant being it.  Only the former could I say that about Anderson's early years.