Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Hamilton - Tuesday - 7:45

Well, what a weekend and what a result!  This is equally as hard a test for the players as a) I doubt the crowd will be anywhere near as big and b) this is your typical banana skin fixture where a team are likely to try and stifle us.  I know Hamilton got pumped on the weekend, but they generally like to play a bit of football so we'll just need to keep calm and do our thing.

We've not lost to Hamilton (at home) since 2010 so we should be fine.

In/ out: Out

Pre-matcher: Fives

Match: Fives

Post match: Flat most likely

Prediction 2-0 Dons, Rooney and McLean (He'll be seething he missed a few good chances at the weekend).

Could be a good one. It'll be interesting to see our line up. Would reckon at least one of the subs fae Saturday will start (Flood or Parker), or perhaps even a chance for Pawlett. Think Quinn will replace Considine and Shinnie will more back to left back to free up a space for one of the previously benched midfielders.

I'm going to guess:

-------Danny, Danny Ward--------

Logan---Taylor----Quinn----Shinnie

-------------Jack-------------------

-------Mclean------Pawlett---------

McGinn-----------------------Hayes*

--------------Rooney---------------

*Assuming Hayes can play if his appeal is being heard? If not, Parker.

I think it's important to keep the competition for places up, hence why I wouldn't pick the same team as Saturday. We need 15-16 confident players all capable of coming on and doing a job.

Quite gutted at having to miss this, was offered the corporate tickets from work only to have to disappear up to nigg for a couple of nights.

In/Out: Out

Pre-match: Shitey quayside in the rain

Match: see above

Post match: celebrating in the bright lights of nigg

Prediction: 3-0 dons - Rooney, Maclean and Taylor

Sadly not able to make it up for this one. As long as no injuries or suspensions see no reason to change a winning team. In the past this is the sort of game Dons would lose on the back of a win like Saturday's but think this team is a different animal to previous teams and full expect us to do a professional job tomorrow.

In/Out: Oot

Pre-match: Work

Match: Listening to game on radio if it's on.

Post match: Bed

Prediction: 2-0 dons - Maclean and McGinn

It really has banana skin written all over it doesn't it. Thankfully I have every confidence that DM and Doc will be keeping the players grounded enough to focus on the task in hand.

In

Driving up from a meeting in Stirling

Main

Driving back to Inverness

3-0 mcginn, Rooney, Smith

Abody before game said it would be that type game, credit Hamilton they played high up park ,  . Parker should have made it an easy game at the end. Ryan Mcclaughan did well at right back and showed  more enough that he can fill in for Shay if injuries happen, he tired second half but loves bomb forward  like look him. Shinnie once again was brilliant as was Ward  he  makes hell of difference in games like that when balls punted in the box last ten mins and you don't worry as he is going control his box.  7 out 7 superb on we march . great crowd for Tuesday great times.  oh only downer for me was Peter Pawlett comes on and jogs about  .should  be showing lot mare effort than that. guy needs realise that after here he will be going down the way

It really sounds like (pee paw sorry TC) he's not going to kick on. Which seems strange as every interview I've read or heard, he sounds like a decent professional. I know DM drills that into them but I don't think we have any guys that you would think that it's a facade.

Onwards and upwards! Hopefully we'll see an improved performance on Sunday, certainly compared to our recent tyncastle adventures....(semi aside)

A good result and a workman like performance.

I'm surprised at the amount of credit being given to Hamilton. I thought we dominated the first half and much of the second. They did get some pressure in the dying embers of the game, especially when we were down to ten men, but it would have been very harsh on us if they'd scored.

I think they've improved a lot on the second half of last season but they're a shadow of the side they were first half of the season. They're now that competent, organised, industrial SPL side with more athletes than footballers. Crawford is a talent but I thought he was disappointing last night. He's a player I think we should be keeping an eye on but the lack of composure and slashed wide shot from the gift at Taylor's slip showed him to be a grade or two below the types of player we currently have. It's going to be tough to add improvements to our squad as and when we have to.

I though RM had a decent debut, quick feet and confident running but we didn't get a real idea of his defensive quality as they didn't really run at him with everything being pretty direct and route one. Actually thought Nade was ok, nae the useless lump he once was.

Shinnie again motm. Just a tremendous player. Energy and drive and constant involvement at both ends of the park.

The subs were a bit of a worry. Parker looks more and more like the old Josh. Big, strong and fast, not without his uses but when he needed a calm head his feet couldn't do the talking. He could have made the last ten mins a lot less nervy.

Pawlett really disappointed. McInnes was furious with him. He was wasteful with his limited touches and positionally reckless. I can see him being shown the door. Cammy Smith hasn't even made the bench in recent weeks. I can see him talking Pawletts spot on Sunday.

Two tough away games plus an away cup game next. Tough wee run. I think we'll know by the end of the month just home realistic a title challenge this is. We must make hay while Celtic have Europa League distractions and 1-0 wins vs Hamilton on wet Tuesday nights are great foundations to build on. 7/7. Bloody great stuff.

This is my first post on here, although i have followed this forum for a few years now.

I would like to know everyones thoughts on Niall McGinns performance tonight? Granted not the best game to judge any players but i feel he didn't offer too much. Might just be me

Ha ha you've opened a can of worms there!  ;D

Welcome aboard anyway!  :thumbsup:

Cheers min

I just find him to be very frustrating to watch at times. On form he is brilliant. Probably our best player but when he's not quite at it he seems to offer nothing. Baffles me how often he and Hayes end up on the same side of the pitch to then switch it to the other full back who now has no help on the other side. Seems to happen very often.

Magic that we can be in our best form for years yet still have so much to moan about  ;D:laughing:

Delighted with the result, that's the important thing at this stage.

Now on to Tynecastle and hopefully we can get a result there as well. No reason not to be confident, if we can beat rasellik, then not cock it up against Hamilton, then I believe we have the mental side sorted. Just need to go out and beat the showero'shite.

Disappointed to read how poor peepaw has been (obviously I don't see much other than highlights, maybe his time is nearing an end. I'd be all for giving Smith a chance.

Anyway, here we go, here we go, here we go...................

This is my first post on here, although i have followed this forum for a few years now.

I would like to know everyones thoughts on Niall McGinns performance tonight? Granted not the best game to judge any players but i feel he didn't offer too much. Might just be me

Welcome on board min.

Interesting comment on McGinn.

Wasn't there last night so can't comment personally but did read in one rag today that he was our star performer last night  ???

Mcginn had the full backs in his pocket first half so many good crosses put in, died a bit second half but along with shinnie been our top performer this season, I am well pleased with him since that photo in paper he has been excellent , good see another new poster join up  I and wish more would as the site works great

Pawlett really disappointed. McInnes was furious with him. He was wasteful with his limited touches and positionally reckless. I can see him being shown the door. Cammy Smith hasn't even made the bench in recent weeks. I can see him talking Pawletts spot on Sunday.

Oddly enough, Willo mentioned him directly in his post match interview on RedTV and said he'd be gutted to not have made the bench but he is going to have a massive season for us.  I like what I've seen of Smith so far this season, much improved.  I fully expect him to take Pee Paw's place.  I know TC is going to be upset but I agree with you, he's not getting any better and seems like a waste of a sub at the moment (moment being the last year).