Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Football sayings which boil your piss

"We go again" - just fuck off

"...the football club" (once may be ok, 17 times in two paragraphs is just horrendous. I blame Owen Coyle)

"Nice touch for a big man" - aye, it's only short arses like Zidane, Socrates & Michael Laudrup who have great close control.

"he's a proper player. Proper football club"  What? Why not actually have a think about what it is you're trying to say and then articulate it? "Proper football club" means absolutely fuck all.

"Up top". Nope. It's "Up front". If it was Up Top, defence would be "Down bottom" and defence certainly isn't that.

In fact, the more i look at this, the more I realise I actually hate Andy Gray more than I ever thought I did.  His "legacy" is living on through others, mauling  the English language at every turn.

TV football will be watched on mute this season, i don't think i can handle 10 months of this cliche riddled crap.

Thank fuck we don't actually have to deal with him anymore bobby, the Arabs can have him. Heard all of them over the course of the three horrific EPL games over the weekend.

The we go again amused the hell out of me at the time, and summed Liverpool up at the time, bit of a joke. The fans bought into all that crap without realising everyone else was laughing at them.

Anything that Merse says. How that dos cunt earns a living from talking about football when he has an extremely poor grasp of English is beyond me.

The one I agree with you most about, Bobby, is the "the football club" one. Fuck off. You don't need to specify the sport that that particular club plays. It happens all the time. More and more people are doing it and it winds me right up. The rest of them are cliches but don't put me up nor down in all honesty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...