Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Killie Huns - Sun - 3:00

Back to league action after our European endeavours.  Possibly one of the better teams to face (particularly at home) after the disappointment of Thursday.  Can see McInnes switching it up again as I have no doubts that it would have taken its toll, they certainly gave it all their all, just lacked that final bit of quality. We haven't lost to Killie since 2012 so I am certainly expecting 3 points here, especially since they are loaded with sevco rejects.

Ward

Logan / Taylor / Quinn / Consi

PeePaw / Jack / Flood / Smith / Shinnie

Rooney

I don't think this is how we should line up, but how I think we will.

In / Out: Out

Pre matcher: Probably watching the Arsenal game

Match: Flat watching on a stream (hopefully)

Post Matcher: Flat

Prediction: 2-0, Rooney and McLean

Edited that just in time Manc.

Move to a Sunday rules me out for this one. Agree that manager will ring changes after Thursday. Would expect Flood, Quinn and Rooney to all start. Would like to see us going with a back 4 and keeping Shinnie at left back but suspect Mancs team will be nearer the mark. Killie looked pish last week against Dundee and full expect us to have to much for them.

Oot

Flat

Listening on radio

Flat

3-0 Dons Rooney double and McGinn.

Agreed, a good team to have to play after the disappointment of thursday, hopefully we've learnt how to cross a ball as the last two games have been shocking

Havent a clue how we will line up, but i think Deek will bring in Rooney, Smith and Flood from the start, maybe even Robson, Personally I wouldnt mind seeing young Scott Wright getting 30 minutes or so, Pawlett, Goodwillie and Hayes to the bench

In / Out:  In

Pre matcher: Gothenburg suite

Match: Directors box

Post Match: Gothenburg again

Prediction:  Smith, Taylor and McLean

Edit

Forgot Quinn didn't start the other night,  definitely think he'll come back in with Consi going left, thats maybe one change to many, flood stays on the bench

Just seen Pawlett walking like he had a stone in his shoe, suspect he's oot today

We should be able to cope without him, still waiting for him to be as effective as he was two years ago. Though it does further limit our options coming off the bench

today  just a walking in the sunshine as buster would say. fuck me killie  are brutal , only tatics was break legs , but we kept our heads and played some tidy fitba  at times .  great goal fae shinnie .  See big Ash got man of the match he fairly racks them up over the course of season nae bad for a weak link  ;) Ward is a massive improvement great handling today for crosses and great that he comes for them. glad players got break till Mwell on sat they need it...Oh and Cammy Smith was great again fan he came on the young lad got great first touch , Its well over 25 years that we have so many of our team all totally comfortable on the ball and able pass and move so quick .  enjoy it while we can  ..  so great start the season and I  would expect movement in and out this week with regards players

Great game today, enjoyed it very much.  Aberdeen were a joy to watch and probably should have had a few more goals to add t the two we did score.

Shinnie is an excellent signing and Quinn looks like a good addition to our squad.  Ward looks a decent prospect also, but he didn't have an awful lot to do as Killie were so poor, but he came out a caught a corner and that I was impressed with..

Killie though, deary me, what a poor, poor team.  They have some decent individual players and I have seen worse teams compete in the SPL, but their tactics are awful, but you cannot expect anymore when you have that chunt Gary Locke as manager.  Judging by how horrible they played today they will make few friends over the course of the season, and they may regret giving Locke the job in a few weeks time.

Great day for us dandies though, but we will face harder tests in the coming weeks.

Very pleasing game. Comfortable throughout and the result never in doubt.

No weak links today, thanks largely to the completely ineffectual opponents. I canna see where their first goal is going to come from, let alone their first points.

Highlights were the crispness of passing from Jack, McLean, Hayes (in parts) and Smith when he came on. And Mcinnes's comments - "Westlake you fanny. Fucking behave yourself". Ace.

We've as many points after two games as we did after 5 last year apparently. Keep it up.

Killie came with the basic gamelan of hacking their way through the match. They were pretty odious it has to be said.

Overall a very solid performance, delighted to see shinnie at lb and he was a threat all game. I'm calling it, Smith is going to be a big player for us this season

We never needed to shift out of 2nd gear. Killie were fucking hopeless.

I would have given MOTM the match to Shinnie hands down. He's fucking excellent. Can't believe he signed for us. I thought Flood and Hayes were stand outs too. There was the occasional slip up but on the whole a great performance given our European exploits. We've made a tremendous start to the league campaign. I hope the players enjoy their well deserved rest. Motherwell are poor so I'm hoping for 3 more points next weekend.