Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hopes for the season

What is everyone hoping we achieve this season?

Personally, I don't think we can get as close to Celtic as last. They won't start as shite as they did last year, that wank Delia has his own team now and we have our bogey team Hearts back in the league.

I'd like to see us establish ourselves ahead of the pack in the second again, but with 2 cup final appearances also.

Dreaming of the title but realistic about my hopes.  Groups stages of Europa would be amazing for the money alone and would further experience and improve the squad.  If we make the group stages though we need at least two more players, a cm and a striker.  Yes shinnie can play in the cm, and I'm coming around to the idea, but we would need to rotate more and we could do with a another CM imo.  A Heikinnen, Bisconti or more recently an Arnason type player would be a great addition to our squad. 

failing a title challenge I would think at least one cup final would be base camp for me in terms of a good season.

Agree with TC, last season was the season we would have won the title if at all. We bottled it against the dhims which is where the league was effectively lost. They have obviously strengthened, as have we but it is all proportional.  Hearts, as happy as I am to see them back as it's one of my favourite away days, are a bogey team. Doesn't matter how push they are, we usually bottle it at the pink cow shed.  We'll do fantastically well to get a points tally anywhere near last season, but I think a cemented second place with a cup win and at least a semi in the other, i'll be more than pleased.

We do need to strengthen, centre mid and striker for me. I don't doubt DM knows who he wants, but it may be a sliding scale in terms of what is available depending on our Euro endeavours. I would definitely prefer to keep Shinnie in the position we need him, it's a joy to have two full backs!

NAe reason we cannot go for the league, all we have to do is get points against Celtic and hope we can go on the sort of unbeaten run we went on last season.  I honestly don't think Celtic are great and can be beaten, but it's up to us to do the job this coming season, Celtic are the reigning champions and will not give it up without a fight.

I believe we have a squad with a bit more grit to them, most of our players have played with each other for a few seasons now and know each others weaknesses and strengths and we appear to have a decent goalkeeper for the first time in a long time.

Deek and Doc are also more experienced this season and will know where they made mistakes last season and will hopefully rectify them this season.

We have played one league game, have 3 points and a clean sheet, so we are in a better position now than we were at this point last year, so it's a positive start.

Onwards and upwards, but I am looking forward to all the ups and of course the usual downs which are part n parcel of following football.

Oh aye, a cup wouldn't go a miss either and I'm in the minority when I say I am not overly fussed about Europe.

NAe reason we cannot go for the league, all we have to do is get points against Celtic and hope we can go on the sort of unbeaten run we went on last season.  I honestly don't think Celtic are great and can be beaten, but it's up to us to do the job this coming season, Celtic are the reigning champions and will not give it up without a fight.

I believe we have a squad with a bit more grit to them, most of our players have played with each other for a few seasons now and know each others weaknesses and strengths and we appear to have a decent goalkeeper for the first time in a long time.

Deek and Doc are also more experienced this season and will know where they made mistakes last season and will hopefully rectify them this season.

We have played one league game, have 3 points and a clean sheet, so we are in a better position now than we were at this point last year, so it's a positive start.

Onwards and upwards, but I am looking forward to all the ups and of course the usual downs which are part n parcel of following football.

Oh aye, a cup wouldn't go a miss either and I'm in the minority when I say I am not overly fussed about Europe.

I will go along with that - would much rather progress in the cups and beat tims and jambos in the league

I would love to see us make the group stages of the Europa and I genuinely believe we can do it.

Domestically I would love to see make a Cup Final, in terms of the League I think European Qualification is once again the more realistic aim but I see no reason why we cant push Celtic all the way for top spot.

I would also love to see add more strength to the squad, a Strike and a solid Central Midfielder is what I would personally like to see us add. 

Our squad is decent but no where near deep enough to give it 100% domestically and in Europe. I'd like to see us give it 100% on Thursday night and try and get into the group stage but after that I think we need to switch our focus away from Europe. If the guarantee of prize money helps us  add depth to our squad then perfect. But I want to see us kick on domestically primarily.

Our early season form cost us last season but we've already started brighter.

I don't think we will have a run like last year where we went unbeaten for weeks on end but I expect us to be consistently strong over the season.

I think Hearts and Dundee are stronger than last year but ICT and United are considerably weaker.  I expect us to finish 2nd at least.  Our squad is head and shoulders better than the rest and while it's not reasonable to expect us to win every week, not winning will be a disappointment, we'll be after 3 points in every match.

I hope we can make the next round of Europe but I suspect getting to the groups is beyond us just yet.  If Celtic are distracted by the Champions League, I can very well see us being slightly more consistent against the rest of the league.

I think it'll come down to the head to heads.  Such a poor performance in the games with Celtic cost us big time last season, the big results going in their favour took the pressure off them.  If we can get an early win against them it'll just put that seed of doubt in their mind.  Despite the addition of United's better players, I don't think their squad has progressed while we've added Shinnie to our first 11 and added a bit of depth so far.  I think the summer has been kinder to us than them.  If we add May and they lose Van Dijk, all the better.

Mounting a serious challenge should be impossible given the gulf of resources but I do feel we're better placed than ever to at least give them a scare.

If we could win the league, it'd be magical, a huge sporting achievement, I suspect we'll need to settle for second though but I'm looking forward to enjoying it all pan out.

I certainly think we can win a cup though and I expect us to reach a final.

It's a good time to be red.

Would love to see us lift the Scottish Cup, its been far too long since we have.

I can see us getting closer to Celtic and if we do it will probably mean we have managed to beat them at least once.

In Europe if we can get through tomorrow I hope we either get drawn against a team we can have a serious chance of beating or go out in style against a team like Borussia Dortmund. Dont really want a middle of the road type team to knock us out!

If all of the above were to happen this would be looked at as progress!