Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs - Dons - Sunday

First game of the season, almost feels like it's gone under the radar given our European adventure (so far).  both teams have strengthened over the summer and will think they can win it.  We certainly should do anyway. Glad to see we've got a solid backing as we usually do!

11813401_10153460127382482_1379301798046295048_n.jpg?oh=a754af824b8dace801a707e4a7fcfad3&oe=564FACA6

Stats for games a Tannadump are pretty even, although they do shade it slightly.

Arabs 35 35.35 %

Dons 33 33.33 %

Draws 31 31.31 %

In / out: Out

Pre Matcher: 100 mile cycle race

Match: hopefully finished in one piece!

Post matcher: Pub

Prediction: 1-2 Dons, McGinn and Rooney

don’t know what to expect from the Joot TBH, in years gone by they’ve had some very decent players, this season coming i don’t think i know any of them, maybe that’s just down to my ignorance of other teams of course  ;D

last year we ran ourselves into the ground against that Spanish mob a couple of days before, i don’t think we were actually that bad against Utd, just that they scored, we couldn’t and by the end the boys were dead on their feet.

IMO the game the other night was a lot slower paced than last year’s equivalent, we should be well ahead in actual match fitness and hopefully the flight hasn’t taken a lot out of them.

so with all the information at my disposal I’m going for

1 - 0 the joot  :greengrin:

but 3 -1 us on Thursday and a next round against a "decimated by injury and suspension" west ham

If it was not for the travelling involved in our latest Euro tie I would be confident of a comfortable win on Saturday. Untied have lost their best 3 players over the last few months and replaced them with players from Austria and Holland. Even if these lads are any good it will take them time to settle in Scottish football so catching them early is in our favour. However have counter that with fact that our team have had to cope with two 8 hour flights in last few days plus playing a game in 40 degree heat. Can see us struggling especially in 2nd half.

In / out: In

Pre Matcher: boozer in Dundee enjoying a pint and pissing myself laughing at the thought of Manc cycling 100m never mind 100 miles.

Match: Shed

Post matcher: Train back to Edinburgh

Prediction: 1-1 Rooney

Not quite sure how this will pan out.

Jacqueline will have them pumped up knowing how much we hate them. Expect them to come out of the traps flying and sense we might need to ride the storm and work our way into the game. Although three points would be preferable, I am going for a one each draw.

Really don't understand the cynicism from Aberdeen fans.  They will likely be playing dixon and McGowan at fb ffs!

I think they're a bit of an unknown quantity to be honest. Don't think we'll win 3-0, but I still think we'll have enough to win. Its a true test of the squad imo. Seeing how they can cope with Europe and league fixtures.

I think they're a bit of an unknown quantity to be honest. Don't think we'll win 3-0, but I still think we'll have enough to win. Its a true test of the squad imo. Seeing how they can cope with Europe and league fixtures.

You're bang on there Manc, it is a true test of the squad.  IMO DM will be drilling into them as I type to remember back to this point last season.  I think the squad will be really focused tommorow and the depth we have now means fatigue is not the same issue.  For example: Rooney will def start, I think we can all agree on that.  Combine his freshness, record against utd and determination to take his chance and stake a claim for thursday he is going to be right up for it.  You have to fancy him giving their defence a torrid time as a result. 

It's so hard to predict DM lineups but I think we will go something like this.

ward

logan Quinn/Taylor Considine Shinnie

flood  Jack

Mcginn/smith Maclean  Hayes/smith

Rooney

edit, put wright when i meant smith  #fail

Seems the dons support is being quoted as 4100.

Given the Arab support never use the Jerry Kerr for domestic games that leaves a 1600 empty seats that could have been sold to the dons.

I presume this is a tactic to reduce the influence of a large away support (perhaps they now pull the same trick with Celtic & Dundee) and that is fair enough but I do wonder if they are in the position to say goodbye to £30-40000 given McNamara walks away with a fair chunk of their transfer fees?

No real surprises apart from the omission of jack and inclusion of smith! Hope he steps up to the plate this season, definitely has the potential.

Aberdeen: Ward, Logan, Taylor, Quinn, Considine, Shinnie, McLean, Flood, Hayes, Smith, Rooney. Subs: Brown, McGinn, Robson, Pawlett, Goodwillie, Jack, Wright.

That's a piece of gymnastic magic from McLean there

Pisses all over Lee Miller's backward diving header against Killie about 4 seasons back.

Haha I think he definitely meant to do what he did, whether he thought it would beat the keeper is another thing though.

https://streamable.com/puok

Pleasing to watch. Very pleasing, they are going to struggle this season and I think Stooge has hit the nail on the head in the other thread.  Oddly enough I was thinking that Smith should go on loan.  Not the finished article and didn't  anything to set the heather alight today which is something I've thought of every time he plays. He makes some good runs and seems to have a decent touch, but just looks a bit lightweight.

Haha I think he definitely meant to do what he did, whether he thought it would beat the keeper is another thing though.

https://streamable.com/puok

Pleasing to watch. Very pleasing, they are going to struggle this season and I think Stooge has hit the nail on the head in the other thread.  Oddly enough I was thinking that Smith should go on loan.  Not the finished article and didn't  anything to set the heather alight today which is something I've thought of every time he plays. He makes some good runs and seems to have a decent touch, but just looks a bit lightweight.

McLean admitted on radio Scotland that he was just trying to deflect it across the goal.

McLean admitted on radio Scotland that he was just trying to deflect it across the goal.

As was blatantly obvious.

Fuck it though. It was a great goal and a thoroughly deserved 3 points. We were easily the better team. Wee Jackie (prick) was maybe a bit naive to go for it against us in the manner that he did. It was quite an end to end game but our performance was tireless. Flood was superb. The fact that he was relatively fresh made a huge difference. The only criticism I have was the lack of quality from deliveries. Flood's corners were generally hopeless and in fact the only decent crosses all day seemed to come from Hayes. It's hilarious that the goal came from another shite cross this time from Goodwillie.  :laughing: Don't care, though. Good performance and a great win. Hud at Arab minks.

Sounds like i'm in the minority here but I can't say I thought we deserved the 3 points. Delighted that we managed to snatch it at the end but i'd be pretty pissed off if I was a United fan  :wave:

I thought we were great up until the final third but then lacked any real threat. The only clear cut chance I can remember in the whole game was when that Bilate boy was clean through but hit it straight at Ward.

I fucking love Andy Considine though! He's gonna have a superb season I think.

First post!

I enjoyed the game and felt that United were the better team in the first half but only just.

Second half we controlled the game and after the substitutions we looked dangerous.

Freak goal for us and can see why the United fans could feel hard done by. It reminded me of the times we have played celtic and managed to go punch for punch only to lose a cheap goal which ends the game. We are a proper team now and have so many varied options.

Can't wait for Thursday !

First post!

I enjoyed the game and felt that United were the better team in the first half but only just.

Second half we controlled the game and after the substitutions we looked dangerous.

Freak goal for us and can see why the United fans could feel hard done by. It reminded me of the times we have played celtic and managed to go punch for punch only to lose a cheap goal which ends the game. We are a proper team now and have so many varied options.

Can't wait for Thursday !

Welcome aboard! Can't argue with any of that, especially relating to our games with the dhims. but hey ho, 3 points and happy days!  :thumbsup: