Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

CIS Cup duo facing missile probe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7230007.stm

CIS Cup duo facing missile probe

Aberdeen and Dundee United could be in trouble after objects were thrown during Tuesday's CIS Insurance Cup semi-final at Tynecastle.

Objects were thrown at referee Iain Brines by supporters in the Aberdeen end of the stadium.

And the game in Edinburgh was briefly halted after Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield was pelted by missiles, including a plastic cup of tea.

The Scottish FA and Scottish Football League will investigate.

They will view television footage of the incidents.

Objects were thrown at Brines as he sent off Aberdeen striker Lee Miller during United's 4-1 win at the home of Hearts.

No doubt we'll get dragged through the gutter, whether rightly or wrong.

I think it's pretty obvious that we're as guilty as the Arabs.

Agreed and two wrongs don't make a right, therefore we have no excuse and will be punished.

Not making excuses but the behaviour of their goalie must surely be scruntinised. I forty years of attending football I have never witnessed crowd incitement on that level. As usual plod totally oblivious to it. I honestly feared the owrst when he continued to gesture away at us, and thought it was only a matter of time before someone would go over the wall at him.

Not going to try and defend our fans but the actions of the stewards and police at the far end of the ground and then the United keeper when they scored were disgraceful. For the keeper to gesticulate for a full 5mins in what was an already charged atmosphere is stupidity of the highest order, the guy could have had no complaints if somebdoy had jumped the dyke and smacked him.

Agreed and two wrongs don't make a right, therefore we have no excuse and will be punished.

Not making excuses but the behaviour of their goalie must surely be scruntinised. I forty years of attending football I have never witnessed crowd incitement on that level. As usual plod totally oblivious to it. I honestly feared the owrst when he continued to gesture away at us, and thought it was only a matter of time before someone would go over the wall at him.

I'm convinced he should be spoken to by the police, and possibly cautioned.  He was a complete prick and nearly started a riot, twice!

Not condoning the behaviour of some our fans, but it was caused by their keeper.

Their keeper was almost in behind our goal giving the forearm-placed-in-the-inside-elbow-and bending-said-arm-upwards gesture (you know the one...right ??? )

Someone did go over the wall but was held back by another fan.

The atmosphere was ugly at that point and the police were a disgrace. Not once did a cop or a steward enter the United end when they were bombarding Langfield (and I MEAN bombarding) with missiles. While as soon as our fans started they were all over it.

I am really disappointed with our fans. We could have taken a moral stance and they blew that.

No doubt the missiles were a turning point as Langfield was obviously rattled by it. Although we had been shit up to that point.

Their keeper was almost in behind our goal giving the forearm-placed-in-the-inside-elbow-and bending-said-arm-upwards gesture (you know the one...right ??? )

Someone did go over the wall but was held back by another fan.

The atmosphere was ugly at that point and the police were a disgrace. Not once did a cop or a steward enter the United end when they were bombarding Langfield (and I MEAN bombarding) with missiles. While as soon as our fans started they were all over it.

I am really disappointed with our fans. We could have taken a moral stance and they blew that.

No doubt the missiles were a turning point as Langfield was obviously rattled by it. Although we had been shit up to that point.

Do not think missiles thrown effected Langfield that much as he had flapped at a few crosses in the first half long before that started. He just had the sort of game that earned him his nickname of Clangers.

As for missile throwing it was unacceptable no matter which set of fans started it. Club will get fined for this and that is something we can ill afford and will probably be used as an excuse by board for slashing transfer budget in the summer.

Do not think missiles thrown effected Langfield that much as he had flapped at a few crosses in the first half long before that started. He just had the sort of game that earned him his nickname of Clangers.

Yeah, what is it with this punching the ball away with both fists. If you can get both fists on the ball you can fucking catch it.

Front page of the EE is "Night of Shame".

FANS IN DOCK OVER SHAME GAME

12:00 - 06 February 2008

Dons and Dundee United could be hit with hefty fines after a night of shame at Tynecastle.

Referee Iain Brines was hit by a missile thrown from the Dons section of the stadium during their 4-1 CIS League Cup semi-final defeat by the Tannadice club.

At the other end, United supporters pelted Dons keeper Jamie Langfield with various objects, including a paper cup.

Brines held play up in the 52nd minute to collect some of the objects and pass them to fourth official William Collum.

Lothian and Borders Police have also confirmed they are investigating allegations that United keeper Lukasz Zaluska gestured to Dons fans behind his goal.

Brines is expected to include all of the incidents in his report to the SFA and that will spark a major probe by the game's governing body.

An SFA spokesman said: "There is little we can say until we get the referee's report.

"But we do not tolerate missile throwing of any kind."

Aberdeen spokesman Dave Macdermid confirmed they are aware of Brines being struck by an object thrown by a Dons fan.

The Dons have begun their own probe into the incident in the hope of identifying the culprit.

Macdermid said: "We are very disappointed but there is little more we can say at this stage."

The SFA previously warned clubs they must stamp out incidents of missile throwing or face punishment.

The SPL clubs responded by printing warnings in match programmes that fans would be banned if they were found guilty of misconduct.

But the scale of the misbehaviour at Tynecastle looks certain to result in the Dons and United being asked to appear in front of the SFA at Hampden.

I think who ever threw the missle should be signed right away as they were the only Dons to hit the target after we went in front.

I know I shouldn't but  :lolabove:

edited - on account of making an erse of typing five little words, that completely changed the meaning of what I meant ;)

I know I should but  :lolabove:

Would have loved to have seen the chunky Kit Kat thrown connect, initally thought

that it was part of a seat and expected more to follow !!!

also

No-one was throwing objects at the ref, it was at the Utd goalie who was the target

when Miller had got sent off as it was the first time he'd came near the touch-line

since he'd stepped over the line of harmless banter with the fans by gesturing wh*nker

with both hands  :o

Thoses "fans" who threw stuff don't deserve to be called that, no matter how wound up you get there is no need to throw stuff at a player especially if it could come back to haunt you, saying that the guy did deserve to get nailed, would have loved it if we made a comeback at 3-1 down and he fucked up and we scored a 4th goal or something, i'm sure he'd be running away as fast as he could but that never happened, sadly, also agree with the kit-kat if that had hit him i would have tried to find the guy who chucked it and shake his hand.

Who the fuck want's to be a fan? Especially the dreaded real fan!

If ye want to throw something - take the risk of a lifetime ban - go on yersel!

Surely the word "fan" comes from "fanatic" - and missile throwing is a fanatical action - so maybe missile throwers are the real fans?!?

:lolabove::thumbsup::lolabove:

I'll give you that one though.

Would have loved to have seen the chunky Kit Kat thrown connect, initally thought that it was part of a seat and expected more to follow !!!

also

No-one was throwing objects at the ref, it was at the Utd goalie who was the target

when Miller had got sent off as it was the first time he'd came near the touch-line

since he'd stepped over the line of harmless banter with the fans by gesturing wh*nker

with both hands  :o

What a waste of a quality bit of chocolate ::)