Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - FK Shkendija

An away draw for the first leg is no bad result, given it was our first competitive game, however I'd like to think we could turn these guys over at Pittodrie.  How do we see ourselves lining up?  I think Ward got a lot of stick for the previous game, but i'll reserve judgement after a few more games. What he did with that chance where Quinn bailed him out is beyond me.

Also, just a reminder that Bobby is running a bus from Glasgow so please drop him a message if you're needing transport!  :thumbsup:

I was pretty scathing after the first leg, but that was at least in part to booze.

I did think we were a little disappointing but that shows how far we've come.  Others are right in so much as a score draw away from home certainly isn't a bad result.

I think we'll beat them at Pittodrie.  I'm looking forward to the game.

bit of a blow regards Reynolds, time put Considine into middle and shinnie at left back. so might not be as bad news as we think.  looking forward to the morn probably looking at 12 k a crowd hopefully bit more .  going be tight game but expect us to wear them down and get couple goals.  its Europe get along and back the reds

Missed the first 15.  The next 15 we looked a bit shaky but we picked up after, last ten we really started to dominate.  Think we will score a couple as they start to tire.

Fraid I dont share you confidence

Skonto Riga & more recently Motherwell are burned into my memory

Interesting game. I thought Maclean played really well and I was surprised when he went off but he is just back from injury I suppose.  Will take the result but we made it much harder for ourselves than we had to.  We didn't manage the final minutes very well, I don't understand playing DG and AR as a strike pair when we just needed to see the game out.  Overall we did just enough, PP was unlucky and the likes of Jack, Considine, Maclean and McGinn you couldn't really fault.  everyone else had their moments but could do better.  Did anyone else think robson's challenge at the end looked 2 footed?

Interesting game. I thought Maclean played really well and I was surprised when he went off but he is just back from injury I suppose.  Will take the result but we made it much harder for ourselves than we had to.  We didn't manage the final minutes very well, I don't understand playing DG and AR as a strike pair when we just needed to see the game out.  Overall we did just enough, PP was unlucky and the likes of Jack, Considine, Maclean and McGinn you couldn't really fault.  everyone else had their moments but could do better.  Did anyone else think robson's challenge at the end looked 2 footed?

Robson very lucky the ref was a clown as that was a straight red.

Lucky to go through tonight. If they had a decent striker we would be out.

Think Jonny Hayes enjoyed his birthday far too much  as he had a shocker and  that was one the reasons we struggled create lot chances don't think he will ever play as bad as that again,  logan another who got caught out and failed to deliver decent crosses. That team is decent team and would easily survive in our league  and had some decent players.  but all there attacking play was down to our mistakes.  Mclean I thought was excellent and showed us fit he is about  was well pleased to see him be direct , can see him being a big player for us. Ward had couple moments but he came and caught more crosses in that one game than langfield done in a decade, great save near the end , he  will get better as the season goes on gets more settled .  we got nervous at times last night but  more games we play the better we will get but next week is another step up and we need to do lot better than we done last night. but I am confident it will still be all play for  at pittodrie . another striker that's offers something different is desperately needed. hopefully it we get that person in

Robson very lucky the ref was a clown as that was a straight red.

Lucky to go through tonight. If they had a decent striker we would be out.

Didn't Robson do that a couple of times last season as well? Personally I think its because his legs are gone which means his timing is that little bit out.

Glad I missed the game now, but sounds like we need a massively improved performance to get any sort of result against the Croats. Were there many shkendija fans there? Looked like they were put in the south??? I thought we used to put smaller teams in the mainer in Europe?