Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Anderson not even on the bench today?

Sat in the lower south stand on Sat, just laong from Anderson and the others not included in the squad for the game.

To say he didn't look a happy camper is a gross understatement. Hate to say it, but can see one of two things happening here, either Anderson tells McLeish not to include him anymore or alternatively Anderson decides that the time is right for a move, as it appears the only way he is going to actually reach double figures for Scotland caps.

Guest Johnny Mac

I doubt he will do something stupid like tell McLeish he doesn't want to be picked. He's just making a twat out of himself then.

Pressley and Weir will be too old soon, i'm sure Russell will get his chance then.

And he may well leave us soon. Unless we get our finger out our asses and qualify for Europe and perhaps win a bloody trophy for once.

I doubt he will do something stupid like tell McLeish he doesn't want to be picked. He's just making a twat out of himself then.

Pressley and Weir will be too old soon, i'm sure Russell will get his chance then.

And he may well leave us soon. Unless we get our finger out our asses and qualify for Europe and perhaps win a bloody trophy for once.

Pressley and Weir are already too old but that doesn't stop them getting picked ahead of Russell. Russell needs to sign for the Old Firm to get a game. Simple as that.

Pressley and Weir are already too old but that doesn't stop them getting picked ahead of Russell. Russell needs to sign for the Old Firm to get a game. Simple as that.

Sad but true unfortunately mate :(

Guest dazzy_deff

i was at the game and was not impressed with mcmanus at all. How anyone can think he is a better player than anderson must need their head examined!

All very well saying that Weir and Pressley are old, but guys like McManus and Berra ain't. Or Andy Webster either.

Remember it took AFC winning the league in 1980 for Willie Miller to get properly installed as Scotland's number one central defender, but he'd been that for at least 2 or 3 season prior to 1980. 

Guest dazzy_deff

agree with sooth stander, even when pressley and weir eventually retire, i can still see mcmanus, caldwell and webster gettin in ahead of russell! If berra was to get a chance before him, then i would be speechless, he is a waste of space!!

Personally I am not worried about Ando playing for Scotland.  As much as it is an honour to play for your country, I'd rather have him not risk injury and be healthy for us on Saturday.

Hate to admit it but I get less and less interested in the make-up of the side with every passing game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as they come, I love to see Scotland doing well, but I can't remember the last time I regarded Scotland FC as a genuine "international representative" team. It's the journo's pets picked by an SFA puppet.

I had the option to watch the Italy game on TV or go with the U14 shinty team to a game and chose the latter as it actually meant more to me.

Personally I am not worried about Ando playing for Scotland.  As much as it is an honour to play for your country, I'd rather have him not risk injury and be healthy for us on Saturday.

Hate to admit it but I get less and less interested in the make-up of the side with every passing game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as they come, I love to see Scotland doing well, but I can't remember the last time I regarded Scotland FC as a genuine "international representative" team. It's the journo's pets picked by an SFA puppet.

I had the option to watch the Italy game on TV or go with the U14 shinty team to a game and chose the latter as it actually meant more to me.

Don't blame you.  If it comes down to watching Scotland or Canada play OR going out with my daughter to either her game or to her dance competitions, my daughter wins every time.