Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

I tend not subscribe to the doom and gloom but I fucked off at half 4 yesterday, the level of performance and quality of our play against a very shite team, was frankly disgusting.

Too many shitebags in the team and too many players not prepared to do the graft necessary.

That said, we're still in 3 cups but I have to say the propects for finishing 3rd are diminishing rapidly.

Who chooses the fans' rep anyway? I mean, I've nae seen any of the reps since Alan Duncan was the rep. But I didn't meet a single person who liked Alan Duncan. Only decent thing he did was gie us a crackin song to sing when he and Keith Wyness were almost cuddling each other in the promo to have huns and reds mingling in the same stand!

"Who's that sitting at Pittodrie? Who's that sittin on the floor

Looks like Alan Duncan tae me, with Keith Wyness on his knee

Oh Claire won't be getting it any more!"

Fans' reps are consistently wankers who couldnae gie a flying fuck what the fans think. Only one I ever knew who gave a toss was Chris Gavin.

Who chooses the fans' rep anyway? I mean, I've nae seen any of the reps since Alan Duncan was the rep. But I didn't meet a single person who liked Alan Duncan. Only decent thing he did was gie us a crackin song to sing when he and Keith Wyness were almost cuddling each other in the promo to have huns and reds mingling in the same stand!

"Who's that sitting at Pittodrie? Who's that sittin on the floor

Looks like Alan Duncan tae me, with Keith Wyness on his knee

Oh Claire won't be getting it any more!"

Fans' reps are consistently wankers who couldnae gie a flying fuck what the fans think. Only one I ever knew who gave a toss was Chris Gavin.

LOL.  I remember all this.  Great banter!  :thumbsup:

I always try to talk up the games, the team and the SPL. I don't think the media do us any favours either though... i think charlie allan twat will demolish us in the ee tomoro - as will that crighton cunt in the p&j whose supposed to be the fans rep on the board.  For a dons fan on the board to actively put dons fans off going to the games is fucking unbelievable! Only in Aberdeen!

Chris Gavin is the "Fans rep" on the board.

Re the doom and gloom merchants: It's admirable that you talk up the team but ultimately people will make their own minds up on it, and it's not just Aberdeen who are poor to watch, but practically every other team in the league. It's a poor product and whether you like it or not Calderwoods tactics can do nothing to help that on occassions.

Chris Gavin is the "Fans rep" on the board.

Re the doom and gloom merchants: It's admirable that you talk up the team but ultimately people will make their own minds up on it, and it's not just Aberdeen who are poor to watch, but practically every other team in the league. It's a poor product and whether you like it or not Calderwoods tactics can do nothing to help that on occassions.

I'm well aware that Calderwoods tactics canny necessarily help matters much. "Throwing glitter on a dog turd" springs to mind.

I don't think of myself in any way as a "doom and gloom" merchant, I just couldn't be fucked watching dross any more, the general standard of play falling way below what I expect from pub fitba never mind professionals attempting to win better paid contracts.

Was talking to a mate after the game and we kinda thought it was just too much football this year. Glad I'm having an enforced lay off.

twice in a week I've now stayed until the end of a fitba match  :thumbsup:

a very rare occurence - as is the fact I only had 1 pint afore each of the games!

So are things that bad with the team... i certainly don't think so.  I have seen much worse.

the only thing that is really pissin me off just now is the "we're doomed" mob and the anti-JC uber-tacticians  >:D

I think even if we win both cups they'll be saying we punched above our weight and we were lucky and didn't deserve it.

I just wish the fans could be more optimistic and look at the bigger picture.  While sat in the pub last night a friend read a quote for the bbc wap site that said it was a good entertaining game... to which everyone round the table said "were they at the match?" etc.  Any part-timers around are hardly going to be spurred into coming back with comments like that.

I always try to talk up the games, the team and the SPL. I don't think the media do us any favours either though... i think charlie allan twat will demolish us in the ee tomoro - as will that crighton cunt in the p&j whose supposed to be the fans rep on the board.  For a dons fan on the board to actively put dons fans off going to the games is fucking unbelievable! Only in Aberdeen!

Maybe if you didn't fuck off at halftime each week, your opinions on "talking up the game, team and SPL" might bare more weight?

Was talking to a mate after the game and we kinda thought it was just too much football this year. Glad I'm having an enforced lay off.

I'd rather we had too much football than too little. Despite all the "glitter on a turd" comments, we're still in with a shout in ALL the competitions that we were in at the start of the season. How many clubs in Scotland can say that?

I'd rather we had too much football than too little. Despite all the "glitter on a turd" comments, we're still in with a shout in ALL the competitions that we were in at the start of the season. How many clubs in Scotland can say that?

There was one glitter on a turd comment and it was mine. The general quality of the play of our team has been a disgrace, aside from a few exceptional performances. It is enormously frustrating and must be at least as frustrating for Calderwood.

Taking the season as a whole, given we are still actively involved in all the competitions we started out in, is a good return in a season where we could end up playing more games in one season than we have for what? 10 years and with a pretty small squad at that.

The standards of individual performances really have been way below what should be expected.

I presume when people talk about being 'active' in all 4 competitions they are describing a couple of 'mini-competitions' within the actual competitions otherwise it would be stretching it to suggest that we are 'still in' for the league title and the UEFA cup. I share TF's view that while I try very hard to step back and be rational about our current position I am currently looking at the fixtures and wondering how my weekends might be spent in the coming months. That's the reality of it.

I presume when people talk about being 'active' in all 4 competitions they are describing a couple of 'mini-competitions' within the actual competitions otherwise it would be stretching it to suggest that we are 'still in' for the league title and the UEFA cup. I share TF's view that while I try very hard to step back and be rational about our current position I am currently looking at the fixtures and wondering how my weekends might be spent in the coming months. That's the reality of it.

As you say, "active" and being "in contention" are pretty different propositions.

I just wish the fans could be more optimistic and look at the bigger picture.  While sat in the pub last night a friend read a quote for the bbc wap site that said it was a good entertaining game... to which everyone round the table said "were they at the match?" etc.  Any part-timers around are hardly going to be spurred into coming back with comments like that.

I always try to talk up the games, the team and the SPL. I don't think the media do us any favours either though... i think charlie allan twat will demolish us in the ee tomoro - as will that crighton cunt in the p&j.  For a self-proclaimed dons fan (charile pie cunt) to actively put dons fans off going to the games is fucking unbelievable! Only in Aberdeen!

doom and gloom merchants are looking at the bigger picture, that's why they're doom and gloom merchants.  what are fans supposed to do?  not talk realistically about the games in a bar after the game, giving their own truthful impressions about how things went just in case someone who goes now and then or not all may or may not go to the next game on overhearing what thosse fans are discussing?  i don't buy the ee [it's sub-sun standard] but a guy at work keeps showing me the player ratings that charlie allan gives and i often have to wonder if he was at the game, we can be fuckin shite yet each player usually gets no less than a 6, from what i have read from charlie allan he demolishes [or thinks he does] the fans far more than he demolishes the team

WHY?

We can still win them.

Believe!

Half-empty attitude, min!

To belittle the UEFA Cup and SPL because we ain't gonna win it is ridiculous. If that's the case, the UEFA Cup might as well start at the last 16 ... cos the previous rounds are just a waste of time. And the SPL? Might as well have a one-off match at the beginning of the season between Rangers and Celtic, where the winner gets that season's title.

There's a hell of a lot more to a competition than just winning it! Celtic are in the Champions League. Who the hell thinks they are honestly going to win it this side of the year 4000??? But at least they're there!!!! Just like we are in the last 32 of the UEFA Cup. Hell, a few years ago I wouldn't have given 32-1 odds of us winning the CIS Cup, nevermind the UEFA Cup! But hey, those are now our odds!!!!

And the SPL? Whilst the league title may be ever so slightly out of our grasp this season, who's to say we cannot get third place and have another season full of glorious trips to Madrid and Munich??

Look again at your beer glass, min. It's actually half-full if you look at it from our perspective!!

Half-empty attitude, min!

To belittle the UEFA Cup and SPL because we ain't gonna win it is ridiculous. If that's the case, the UEFA Cup might as well start at the last 16 ... cos the previous rounds are just a waste of time. And the SPL? Might as well have a one-off match at the beginning of the season between Rangers and Celtic, where the winner gets that season's title.

There's a hell of a lot more to a competition than just winning it! Celtic are in the Champions League. Who the hell thinks they are honestly going to win it this side of the year 4000??? But at least they're there!!!! Just like we are in the last 32 of the UEFA Cup. Hell, a few years ago I wouldn't have given 32-1 odds of us winning the CIS Cup, nevermind the UEFA Cup! But hey, those are now our odds!!!!

And the SPL? Whilst the league title may be ever so slightly out of our grasp this season, who's to say we cannot get third place and have another season full of glorious trips to Madrid and Munich??

Look again at your beer glass, min. It's actually half-full if you look at it from our perspective!!

Being a bit disingenuous with Ajja quote there RR. He referred to "mini-competitions" within the league and UEFA cup and to be fair is normally far from the feeble minded reactionaries more noted to be on another site that are usually saying the beer jug is half empty, though it usually is when Ajja is there.