Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Severin in Midfield or Defence?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This question is being discussed in another thread but I thought it deserved a poll all of its own.

My preferred option is to have Seve at centre back as part of a back 4. Means we dont have to play Dick Byrne or Night Mair back there and also means the midfield is more dynamic as Seve tends to slow the play down far too much in there. I'd go with this option until the end of the season when a proper CB could be taken in. In the meantime I think Seve and Diamond could form a decent partnership which would finally see a bit of solidity to the defence.

Agree that Seve and Diamond could form a good partnership and would appear that Seve can read the game and cover whereas Diamond is the guy that just goes after the ball so they would both compliment each other. Though not sure about how they would cope against a better side as Seve was a disaster at the back at Parkhead.

centre half with zander without a doubt.  the game just passes him by in centre mid these days. and anything to keep nightmair away from the starting 11.

if jc is gonna do this then he needs to stick with it until end of season.  can't keep on chopping and changing the defence (i know injuries haven't helped).  Zander is crying out for a regular partner in the middle

can't keep on chopping and changing the defence (i know injuries haven't helped).  Zander is crying out for a regular partner in the middle

Now I know this may seem a bit radical but we've sold Zander's partner from the middle of defence for £1m and sold Clark for £200k who has been easily replaced going by last night's performance.

So how about we actually buy someone?

Fat chance mind.

I voted for central defence, but I believe it will be a temporary measure.  Bus and Diamond may be the new centre half partnership.  If Nicholson doesn't stay then we'll need Seve in midfield.  He definitely brings some calmness and composure to the back line though.

Totally agree, Seve in defence for me. Had someone asked me at the begining of the season (which i'm sure someone did), about having him there I would have argued them down, but now its clear, he cannot hack it in midfield anymore. The game passes him by and causes us all sorts of problems.

Totally agree, Seve in defence for me. Had someone asked me at the begining of the season (which i'm sure someone did), about having him there I would have argued them down, but now its clear, he cannot hack it in midfield anymore. The game passes him by and causes us all sorts of problems.

I have nothing to add here :thumbsup: