Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Bus not stopping at Pittodrie *Edit* maybe he will now...

In a dramatic 180, Northsound have changed their minds

Northsound Sport understands Dutch defender Dave Bus will sign for Aberdeen this week.  The 29 year old De Graafschap player is out of contract at the end of the season.  He's set to fly in to the North East tomorrow, and is expected to train with his new team mates on Thursday.  He completed a successful trial spell at the club earlier in January.

This is becoming a bit of a joke.

I'm beginning to believe that Jimmy is either smuggling his tax free savings back into the country with these Dutch players that never see the light of day or he's making sure he keeps his double-Dutch up to spec in case he fancies a job over there.

If Bus doesn't feature then I'm going to lose the place.  We must be getting close to having signed as many players who don't get a game as players who do.

Anyone who gives a fuck can continue this list - Currant, JVD, Daal, McFarallan, Touzani, Smith........

Me?

I can't even get excited about the next no-mark signing.

Pah!

This is becoming a bit of a joke.

I'm beginning to believe that Jimmy is either smuggling his tax free savings back into the country with these Dutch players that never see the light of day or he's making sure he keeps his double-Dutch up to spec in case he fancies a job over there.

If Bus doesn't feature then I'm going to lose the place.  We must be getting close to having signed as many players who don't get a game as players who do.

Anyone who gives a fuck can continue this list - Currant, JVD, Daal, McFarallan, Touzani, Smith........

Me?

I can't even get excited about the next no-mark signing.

Pah!

He's not even signed yet and already we're suggesting he's not going to get a game?

Stats look good to me, and he was De Grafts player of the year two seasons ago.

He's not even signed yet and already we're suggesting he's not going to get a game?

Stats look good to me, and he was De Grafts player of the year two seasons ago.

I think there is some fear emanating is that he has hardly played for the last two seasons and that he may be injury prone? I think we all agree he should be given a chance - he cant be as bad as Mair! He also said in an interview he couldn't play somewhere as he wasn't fast enough (cant find it now) which made me think - hmmm  :-\ but if JCs son thinks he can do a job who am I to argue?

De Visscher gave some comments about Bus when he came on trial.

http://www.thisisaberdeen.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=148309&command=displayContent&sourceNode=148302&contentPK=19471346&folderPk=85371&pNodeId=148325

De Visscher, who played with Bus at Dutch side de Graafschap said: "Dave is a big, tall, strong defender, has impressive stamina and never gets tired.

"He loves to get one on one with a striker, and is very good in those situations.

"He is a bit like Zander. He is the same height and the same build, but a little bit faster than Zander.

"Dave plays most of the time in the middle of defence, but can play at full-back as well.

"The Scottish game will suit him better than the Dutch.

"He can easily tackle strikers, particularly in a one on one situation.

"He always gives 100% and loves training.

"You knew in training that if you got past him, you would have to be quick or he would get back and tackle you. He is always very competitive."

Bus has been out of the picture at de Graafschap, but de Visscher, who joined from the Eredivisie side last summer, reckons Bus will fit in well at Pittodrie.

He said: "Dave is a nice person, and not glamorous at all.

"He is a very down to earth, normal guy.

"He came from the amateurs to de Graafschap, and was the club's player of the year in 2005/2006.

"A lot of clubs were interested in him after that, but he decided to stay where he was."

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood, whose son Scott recommended Bus, said: "Dave can play in a number of defensive positions. He did very well in his first couple of seasons there and he is a player I know is rated highly."

Bus said: "I have learned in football you must rule out nothing. We will see what happens at Aberdeen.

"Scotland could be a lot of fun."

Guest swaddon
I'm beginning to believe that Jimmy is either smuggling his tax free savings back into the country with these Dutch players that never see the light of day

:lolabove: