Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

McInnes shortlisted for PFA MOTY

Surprised this isn't on hear already.  Thoroughly deserving of his nomination.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/football/the-dons/mcinnes-shortlisted-for-pfa-scotland-manager-of-the-year-award-1.870322

ABERDEEN FC manager Derek McInnes has been shortlisted for the PFA Scotland Manager of the Year award.

McInnes is shortlisted alongside Celtic’s Ronny Deila, Hearts’  Robbie Neilson and Inverness Caledonian Thistle’s John Hughes.

Pittodrie boss McInnes, who won the prestigious accolade last year, has confirmed at least a first runners-up Premiership finish for the Dons since 1994.

The Dons have pushed Celtic hard in the Premiership race and have racked up 74 points this season.

Aberdeen’s last Premiership loss to a team other than Celtic was last October.

In a memorable league campaign the Reds also hit an eight game winning streak with consecutive clean sheets from November to January.

At the time it was the best shut-out run in world senior league football.

In his debut season Norwegian Deila has led Celtic to League Cup glory and is closing in on the Premiership title.

Rookie boss Neilson master-minded Hearts Championship title win, having only emerged from administration last summer.

Inverness boss Hughes has led the Highlanders, who sit third in the Premiership, to the Scottish Cup final against Falkirk

I could see Neilson getting it to be honest, it would be an absolute farce if Delia got it.

Personally thought Paul Hartley should have been in with a shout. Think he's done a very good job. Out of that shortlist, it'd be John Hughes to win it for me. Delia should be nowhere near it.

Hartley is more worthy than Hughes imo.  I still think Neilson should get it, has strolled that league with a set of very good youth players and hasn't been a dick (not saying Hughes and Hartley have). Delia is a dick.

Hartley is more worthy than Hughes imo.  I still think Neilson should get it, has strolled that league with a set of very good youth players and hasn't been a dick (not saying Hughes and Hartley have). Delia is a dick.

When you take into account how pish Hibs and Rangers have been this season though, I don't think Neilson deserves it. If they didn't finish top he would have been sacked no doubt.

Hughes has got his team to third, with no budget, after losing his best player, and is odds on to win the Scottish Cup too.

When you take into account how pish Hibs and Rangers have been this season though, I don't think Neilson deserves it. If they didn't finish top he would have been sacked no doubt.

Hughes has got his team to third, with no budget, after losing his best player, and is odds on to win the Scottish Cup too.

Still a very young team though which is probably more where I'm coming from.  Combined with the fact he's a new manager. Hughes hasn't lost his best player yet, he's joining in the summer ;)

Of the list I would say Hughes is the clear winner. Delia should not even be up for consideration as winning the league when you have 4 times the budget of your nearest challenger. Hartley should be on the list instead of him or Neilson. Would also think Alex Neil would have been up there if he had not gone to Norwich.