Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

When you think our last decent striker was Stavrum, Rooney is barely ever offside.  Something that will always stick out for me as a memory of Stavrum. Rooney is fully deserving of the award, but it won't be going his way will it  ::)

Was never a big fan of Stavrum, would say that Rooney is a far superior player in pretty much every way. It will be hard for him to win it but even the tims couldn't begrudge him it if he gets it.

Was never a big fan of Stavrum, would say that Rooney is a far superior player in pretty much every way. It will be hard for him to win it but even the tims couldn't begrudge him it if he gets it.

Ah but they will Bobby, and undoubtedly play the victim card whilst appealing to the European Court of Human Rights or similar  ;)

What he's got in his favour is that he's the only realistic "other" candidate. Celtic's votes will be split a number of ways, Stewart has had a good season, but I don't think he'll get many votes that Rooney wouldn't.

A couple of years ago (last year?) when Celtic had no nominees, it was because they had seven or eight players who'd all got just below the required threshold. Rather than it being the slap in the face they said it was, it was actually a backhanded compliment.

I suspect there'll be a few votes going each way to the Celtic pair, so he might have a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Called up to the Ireland squad  :thumbsup:

Well deserved BUT means no close season for him surely.

We should let him and McGinn pack their bags now and not consider them for the last two games of the season.

Lawrence Shankland your date with destiny is upon you lad.

Well deserved BUT means no close season for him surely.

We should let him and McGinn pack their bags now and not consider them for the last two games of the season.

Lawrence Shankland your date with destiny is upon you lad.

He missed another sitter on Sunday. He can't keep doing that

I agree but he has got to get more than a five minute cameo role. Start him up top next two games and give him his chance

I don't think he should start, but he should get at least 30 mins to show what he can do.  It was a terrible miss on sunday but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. At least he was in the right place.

I don't think he should start, but he should get at least 30 mins to show what he can do.  It was a terrible miss on sunday but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. At least he was in the right place.

He needs the monkey off his back sooner rather than later. I stand by my view, send Rooney & McGinn off now for a rest and let's see what shankland can do. Worst comes to worst and we lose these two games I believe I will win the predictor again ;)

He needs the monkey off his back sooner rather than later. I stand by my view, send Rooney & McGinn off now for a rest and let's see what shankland can do. Worst comes to worst and we lose these two games I believe I will win the predictor again ;)

Think I agree with you Al. Not a bad idea at all  :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...