Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Home Form v Away Form

Not sure of the exact stats (sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong) but the guys on BBC Scotland said we are on a run of 10 away games with only one win whilst at home we are on a run of 12 unbeaten games (including games against 3 top European teams).

Why the disparity?

I can envisage the rest of the league season being much the same - i.e. we do well at home, struggle away, and the teams around us move up and down as well as there is not one team consistent enough to finish 3rd (at the moment), so it could be pretty tight in the league.  I still think we'll finish 3rd or 4th.

Next two cup games are now massive!

Too many mediocre players on our books, full stop.

Sums it up perfectly IMO. Mair, Byrne, McNamara and Considine are just shite, shite, past it and not ready. That's 2/3 of our defensive unit (including Langfield, and we won't speak about yesterday's return to the bad days until it becomes regular again...).

Guest Shabba Ranks

Why the disparity?

:thumbsup:  Something I said in another thread...

There is no longer such a big gap between teams in the league methinks, and looking at the league table I'm probably right, so more games are 'dire' because teams are cancelling each other out. 

Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, ICT and Falkirk can all beat each other on their day, so for me, the defining factor come May will be who's got the best squad to deal with injuries/suspensions.  I'm convinced that Aberdeen will finish 3rd on this fact alone.  The Old Firm are not really that far ahead in terms of their first 11's, but the depth of their squads are so vast that they can cope with losing players whilst the rest of the league really struggles.

:thumbsup:  Something I said in another thread...

There is no longer such a big gap between teams in the league methinks, and looking at the league table I'm probably right, so more games are 'dire' because teams are cancelling each other out. 

Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, ICT and Falkirk can all beat each other on their day, so for me, the defining factor come May will be who's got the best squad to deal with injuries/suspensions.  I'm convinced that Aberdeen will finish 3rd on this fact alone.  The Old Firm are not really that far ahead in terms of their first 11's, but the depth of their squads are so vast that they can cope with losing players whilst the rest of the league really struggles.

Right lets start at discipline

We have 5th worst discipline record this season in the SPL (hibs, well, bairns, ICT and St Mirren have better records)

Now squad

1 Jamie Langfield CLANGERS :hammer:

3 Richie Byrne CANT PASS AND GETS INJURED

4 Jackie McNamara  OLD CRIPPLE

5 Alexander Diamond OUT INJURED ALREADY THIS SEASON

6 Scott Severin  

7 Jamie Smith    Mr HAMSTRING INJURY

8 Barry Nicholson

9 Steve Lovell

10 Darren Mackie INJURED TWICE THIS SEASON

11 Stuart Duff HA - INJURY PRONE TOO

14 Richard Foster

15 Karim Touzani OOH ANOTHER INJURY PRONE PLAYER

16 Lee Miller

17 Daniel Smith  

18 Lee Mair INJRY PRONE TOO

19 Derek Young  

20 Derek Soutar

21 Andrew Considine JUST BACK FROM INJURY

22 Christopher Maguire  

24 Jeffrey De Visscher GETS A FEW INJURYS

25 Jonathan Smith   DOESNT GET A GAME TO GET INJURED

26 Sone Aluko Striker 

So that's a current squad of 22 (not including Mr Bus - who had not been playing in Holland, injury?) and I would say 11 of them (half) are not the most resistant to injurys.

Giving that hearts have a giant squad they must win that bit of the rating.

So going on your criterion, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Falkirk, ICT and St Mirren are better rated. This means we will finish in 9th place. Its not my opionin we will but if we use your way thats where we will!

Guest Shabba Ranks

So that's a current squad of 22 (not including Mr Bus - who had not been playing in Holland, injury?) and I would say 11 of them (half) are not the most resistant to injurys.

So going on your criterion, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Falkirk, ICT and St Mirren are better rated. This means we will finish in 9th place. Its not my opionin we will but if we use your way thats where we will!

I've got absolutely no idea how you've came to your conclusion, but it's nonsense anyway  :thumbsup:

Right lets start at discipline

We have 5th worst discipline record this season in the SPL (hibs, well, bairns, ICT and St Mirren have better records)

Now squad

1 Jamie Langfield CLANGERS :hammer:

3 Richie Byrne CANT PASS AND GETS INJURED

4 Jackie McNamara  OLD CRIPPLE

5 Alexander Diamond OUT INJURED ALREADY THIS SEASON

6 Scott Severin  

7 Jamie Smith    Mr HAMSTRING INJURY

8 Barry Nicholson

9 Steve Lovell

10 Darren Mackie INJURED TWICE THIS SEASON

11 Stuart Duff HA - INJURY PRONE TOO

14 Richard Foster

15 Karim Touzani OOH ANOTHER INJURY PRONE PLAYER

16 Lee Miller

17 Daniel Smith  

18 Lee Mair INJRY PRONE TOO

19 Derek Young  

20 Derek Soutar

21 Andrew Considine JUST BACK FROM INJURY

22 Christopher Maguire  

24 Jeffrey De Visscher GETS A FEW INJURYS

25 Jonathan Smith    DOESNT GET A GAME TO GET INJURED

26 Sone Aluko Striker 

you really shouldn't drink on a school night you know

• 2 weeks later...