Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen keen on Everton's Vidarsson

Just read this on TribalFootball

Aberdeen, Dunfermline keen on Everton's Vidarsson

tribalfooball.com - January 18, 2008

Interest in Everton's Icelandic youngster Bjarni Vidarsson is intensifying.

Preston have been joined by Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Heerenveen in asking about the attacking midfielder's availability.

Anybody know anything about this loon?

However, one player not on his radar is Everton midfielder Bjarni Vidarsson who clearly did not catch Calderwood’s eye as he watched the Toffees reserves take on their Manchester City contemporaries recently.

"I was at the game but wasn't looking at the Icelandic lad,†Calderwood told the Evening Express. “I don't know him at all."

Just read this on TribalFootball

Anybody know anything about this loon?

Only that he's going to be out of our price range if PNE, Dunfermline and Heerenveen are looking at him.

He'd be out of or price range if Cove Rangers was looking at him though.

We've got to live within our means, you see? 

And that means losing out on players to clubs like Raith and Gretna because we can't match their wages.

I'm still hoping our strong ties with Jomo Cosmos is going to pay dividends, though.

That'll be sweet... getting the "best young African talent".

Any day now... 

"I was at the game but wasn't looking at the Icelandic lad,†Calderwood told the Evening Express. “I don't know him at all."

Thats brilliant. Its like a Baldrick from Blackadder quote.

"I'm not saying why I was there but I definitely was not looking at the Icelandic guy, I don't even know who he is"  8)

Guest Shabba Ranks

I'm still hoping our strong ties with Jomo Cosmos is going to pay dividends, though.

Any day now... 

Another optimistic Dons fan then...  :thumbsup:

Only that he's going to be out of our price range if PNE, Dunfermline and Heerenveen are looking at him.

He'd be out of or price range if Cove Rangers was looking at him though.

We've got to live within our means, you see? 

And that means losing out on players to clubs like Raith and Gretna because we can't match their wages.

Any day now... 

fuck knows how hibs sign anyone then, given they couldn't compete with our wages for Jamie Smith

and play the beautiful game sooooooooo beautifully. ::)

Not sure what that has to do with what I said.

They bring youth through, because they have a decent youth system.

They then sell said talent at 1m+ a pop.

They then either use their scouts (another thing they.. fuck.. another thing most professional clubs have, but we seem to think are unnecessary) to bring in replacements, or go get another youth player in.

Now, compare that with our annual rummage through the buckets outside other fitba clubs for the players they don't want any more.

I know which system I'd prefer, given the choice.

Any day now... 

... and then there's our glorious tie-up with Melbourne, or was it Brisbane? Or perhaps it was Perth? Keith Wyness used his contacts in Australia from his "Olympic Company" days to foster ties to bring Australia's best talent over here. Who did we get? David Friggin Zdrillic. If that's Australia's best ... how come they made the World Cup finals and we didnae???

Melbourne? Paff!! Brisbane? Haevers!!! Perth? Dinnae make me laugh! We might as well have official ties with the Rabbit Flat Creek in Aussie's Northern Territory. Cos that tie produced the square root of fuckall for us.

Whatever did happen to "Captain Africa", thon chappy who demanded that we sign him or he'd take his services elsewhere? You remember, the guy who seemed to play for every team we faced in our South African pre-season? The guy who couldnae afford an agent so just used himself as his own agent? The guy who whored himself to us, Dundee Utd, Livingston and Luton Town? I still think he's looking for a club ... but I cannae find his name

... and then there's our glorious tie-up with Melbourne, or was it Brisbane? Or perhaps it was Perth? Keith Wyness used his contacts in Australia from his "Olympic Company" days to foster ties to bring Australia's best talent over here. Who did we get? David Friggin Zdrillic. If that's Australia's best ... how come they made the World Cup finals and we didnae???

Melbourne? Paff!! Brisbane? Haevers!!! Perth? Dinnae make me laugh! We might as well have official ties with the Rabbit Flat Creek in Aussie's Northern Territory. Cos that tie produced the square root of fuckall for us.

Whatever did happen to "Captain Africa", thon chappy who demanded that we sign him or he'd take his services elsewhere? You remember, the guy who seemed to play for every team we faced in our South African pre-season? The guy who couldnae afford an agent so just used himself as his own agent? The guy who whored himself to us, Dundee Utd, Livingston and Luton Town? I still think he's looking for a club ... but I cannae find his name

Theres no players in Australia that we would want!!!!!!I'm the best player in Australia and i,m 35!!! :wave:

Katongo I think it was.

True. I've sat and watched the Hyundai A-League quite a few times this season. I'm quite shocked at how bad some of the matches really are! If that's supposed to be Australia and New Zealand's best, then the SPL ain't so bad afterall.

Honestly, I've seen better stuff going on down at Mineralwell Park in Stoney!

Katongo I think it was.

That's the fucker!! Chris Katongo

• 2 weeks later...

They then either use their scouts (another thing they.. fuck.. another thing most professional clubs have, but we seem to think are unnecessary) to bring in replacements, or go get another youth player in.

Odd Concept to think about.  NHL (Ice Hockey) has a Central Scouting Network - keeps info for everyone.

Could that work for Scottish Fitba?

Odd Concept to think about.  NHL (Ice Hockey) has a Central Scouting Network - keeps info for everyone.

Could that work for Scottish Fitba?

It would certainly benefit us....

As for other teams (with actual scouts) it would probably be a waste of time.

Scored in the African Nations the other night. Think he's at Brondby now. Don't think his train (you know, the one that stops at every single football club on the east coast) ever did stop in Aberdeen.