Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Changes to the stadium

News has broken today that the additional segregation fence (that housed the Old Firm when they were up here in the additional away section) is to be removed for the start of next season. Obviously this means that the club don't intend on ever giving Celtic or Sevco any more of an allocation than any other team. I think this is great news. The loud support they have undoubtedly gave them a lift. And it also means my view will no longer be impaired by the monstrosity. Well done AFC football club.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like they are trying to quash any supporter led (for want of a better phrase) singing section.

Of course, the South Stand would be a better place anyway.

Don't hold out much hope but still good to see the filth get less tickets.

Aha, yes I had heard about that. South stand is definitely better for acoustics, whole stadium hears it unlike the RDU imo

Well, it's good news in itself, there is no doubt about that.

There are a few other circumstances attached to the move which are not quite so noble.

However, the past is the past

Onwards and upwards.

Aye? like what? ???

Slightly off the OP topic and a sore point with some, but does anyone have a link to the plans that were submitted for the new stadium. Spent an hour looking on line for them last night, plenty of pics of the exterior,  but I wanted to see what they had proposed inside.

Slightly off the OP topic and a sore point with some, but does anyone have a link to the plans that were submitted for the new stadium. Spent an hour looking on line for them last night, plenty of pics of the exterior,  but I wanted to see what they had proposed inside.

Were plans ever released?  I don't recall them, but if there are any, they will be on the planning portal. Will have wee dig around and see what I can find. Have already looked on the architects (Holmes Miller Partnership) and they only have the visuals up.

Edit:

Hadn't realised that the Planning Portal didn't cover Scotland  :-[

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.asp?lID=50452&sID=14394  -  on Page 16 of this ACC document you can see the ground floor plan.  Tom, what is the Scottish equivalent?

Aye min, ive had a good dig through them before, I thought it was in the cooncil site (and on the AFC site I think) but I cant find them now, thought id saved them, seemingly not...

They were really detailed and I wanted to have a look at the proposed steepness of the stands  again

Aye min, ive had a good dig through them before, I thought it was in the cooncil site (and on the AFC site I think) but I cant find them now, thought id saved them, seemingly not...

They were really detailed and I wanted to have a look at the proposed steepness of the stands  again

Bingo, so in Scotland you still go to the local council's website, so here you are:

http://planning.aberdeencity.gov.uk/docs/planningdocuments.asp?appnumber=101299  -  contains all the drawings, just scroll down the page a wee bit.

showimage.asp?j=101299&index=27261