Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Today's News Of The World

CALDO KEEN ON VID STAR

"Jimmy Calderwood is trying to get highly rated Icelandic International Bjarni Vidarsson on loan. 

The Aberdeen boss watched Vid in action for the Toffies reserves against Manchester United in mindweek. 

He will now try and persuade Davie Moyes to let the midfielder spend the rest of the season on loan at Pittodrie.

Vid made his full Everton debut against AZ Alkmaar in the UEFA Cup this season"

Surprise link there, seems like he comes highly rated but he would be cup tied for the Bayern game if we do take him on loan!

According to another forum, he will probably goto Preston NE as the former assistant to David Moyes is now manager there. Sounds promising if we do manage to get him in though.

Exactly ain't going to happen, Alan Irvine taking him to Preston

reading that, at least Lovell knows he's pish and not been offered a renewal for that very reason.

If he could play like he did on Saturday (or at least be given the chance to) on a more consistent basis then I'd personally be happier for him to stay.  With 3 goals in his last 4 or 5 appearances, he's our form striker at the moment and deserves a run.

If he could play like he did on Saturday (or at least be given the chance to) on a more consistent basis then I'd personally be happier for him to stay.  With 3 goals in his last 4 or 5 appearances, he's our form striker at the moment and deserves a run.

JC's after match comments were along the lines that it will be very difficult to leave Lovell out of the squad with performances like that.

Whether the tombola agrees is anybodies guess.  ;)

I thought Lovell looked hungry on Saturday and keen to work at it. Only trouble was he often wanted to be doing the same stuff as Miller. He hadn't got the idea that Miller wins the ball and he picks it up from there. If he could learn to play off Miller instead of trying to fill the same role it might just work. A good performance from the pair at UTD and a few goals between them would go a long way towards setting us up nicely for the run in.

I thought Lovell looked hungry on Saturday and keen to work at it. Only trouble was he often wanted to be doing the same stuff as Miller. He hadn't got the idea that Miller wins the ball and he picks it up from there. If he could learn to play off Miller instead of trying to fill the same role it might just work. A good performance from the pair at UTD and a few goals between them would go a long way towards setting us up nicely for the run in.

When he did do just that we scored a really well worked goal.

Nice work Stevie. Keep it up.

Nae counting my chickens, but maybe just MAYBE we have yet to see the best of Steve Lovell ???

Of course we've nae seen the best of Lovell. Anyone who saw us play Dundee when he was at Dens will vouch for that. When he's on-form, he is devastating. Problem is we've yet to see him on-form yet.