Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Duff prepared for Tannadice exit

Dundee United have told midfielder Stuart Duff he is free to leave during the January transfer window.

The 25-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer, joined United in 1999 and is the longest-serving player in the first-team squad.

United manager Craig Levein said: "I've had a chat with Stuart and told him he's free to move if he can get something fixed up.

"He's been a good servant but I feel a fresh start would be good for him."

Duff made his Tannadice debut in 2001 and became the longest-serving player at the club when David McCracken left for Wycombe last summer.

Levein said Duff would benefit from finding another club in the transfer window.

"In football you sometimes need to freshen things up, and he's in a similar situation to what David McCracken was in this time last year," said Levein.

"It would be more sensible for him to get a club where he's going to play games rather than sit on the bench here.

"At his age he really needs to be playing on a regular basis. The United boss added: "He's a versatile boy who has plenty of Premier League experience, so I'd expect there will be a lot of interest in him."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/7182703.stm

Published: 2008/01/11 09:51:34 GMT

© BBC MMVIII

won't load

Same for me, too much heat over the impending Duff transfer. Have you ever been on the Hearts footymad site ? Its hilarious, there are about 6 Hearts guys who post on it and the rest is other teams fans coming in and ripping them shitless. Mostly from Aberdeen's site.

finally got in:

Red Army your club needs you like never before.

From tonight's Dundee Evening Telegraph:

"Heading out of Tannadice now, or in the summer, will be utility player Stuart Duff. He will not be offered a new contract and has been told if he can find a club now he will be allowed to move on."

I will ensure all Dundee & Angus based Reds are called up to man 24 hour road blocks from now until midnight on January 31st.

Just in a case the sly bugger escapes our efforts I call on all Stonehaven based Reds to do likewise.

And just to be on the safe side perhaps BRB's battalion can block off ends of Pittodrie Street.

Come on folks - you know it makes sense.

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2130929524

::) ::)::)

Stuart Duff and trialist Dave Bus are being lined up to fill the void created by Michael Hart's departure from the Dons.

Aberdonian Duff, a previous transfer target for the Dons, has been told he can leave Dundee United on a free transfer.

That is likely to at least prompt an approach from Aberdeen for the 25 year old, who is an avid Dons fan.

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood wouldn't comment on Duff, but was happy to hint Dutch defender Bus could replace Hart, who is in talks with Plymouth Argyle after rejecting a new three year deal.

Bus, will return to De Graafsachap after training today.

But Calderwood hopes to persuade the Dutch club to allow the big defender to come back on loan until the end of the season.

Calderwood said: "Bus would certainly ease the pain if Michael Hart does leave before the end of January.

"That's why I'm keen to get him here on loan for four months.

"It would give us a good chance to have a look at him and decide if he can replace Hart in the long term.

"He's made a good impression so far and I reckon Bus would be well suited to the Scottish game."

Calderwood hinted more trialists could arrive soon as he looks to strengthen his squad.