Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

NEVER BUY THE EE AGAIN!

Guest CoolCrom.Com

Guest CoolCrom.Com

I will never be buying the Evening Express again...

Did you all read Michael Hart's interview on Friday?  You blaming Hart for it?  Think again...

Charlie "I am a fat fcuk" Allan completely twisted with Hart said... it this is not all Allan fault... it was the EDITOR of the EE who chose the headline which was sensationalised... it was really the highline which caused all the glasgow based tabloids to pick up on that...

AND THE EDITOR OF THE EE IS A FCUKING HUN!

I was speaking to someone in AFC staff who was telling me all of this.  I don't think Hart is entriely blameless but and I am utter disgusted at the EE!

All true Aberdeen Fans should boycott the EE boyz... its not fit to wipe your arse with!

Totaly agree, EE yesterday was claiming that the Scottish tabloids took the quotes out of context but if you look at Fridays EE they are the ones who sensationalised a nothing story.

I had the misfortune of reading the Mail yesterday, and Roger Hannah's article "Silence of lambs to the slaughter" (see what he did there?) was bordering on slanderous.

"To compound Aberdeen's misery, midfielder Chris Clark sustained ankle injuries and had to be replaced by Zander Diamond.  Hart's opinion on whether or not Diamond is a better player than Rangers first substitute remains unclear.  But the fact that the losers took an overdue vow of silence said it all."

C*nt.

It was a combination of bad timing, twisted words and Rangers fans finally having something to celebrate. Earlier in the season, a fairly innocuous comment designed to praise a few of Hart's team-mates would probably have been taken as just that. Or at the very worst it would have been used to highlight a Rangers side in turmoil. The fact that this total non-story came out at a time when Rangers have their tails up gave some of the press the opportunity they have been waiting for all season praise the Hun and put the boot in on us.

This will no doubt go down as one of those Pittodrie non stories which is recycled for the next 5 years and "never gets tiresome". See also the toaster story. What annoys me most is that what was intended as a way of saying that certain players in the Aberdeen squad are as good as anyone in Scotland (a statement that is certainly true) has turned into a stick to beat some of the players (ie Diamond) with for losing.

Guest Nebitdag

"To compound Aberdeen's misery, midfielder Chris Clark sustained ankle injuries and had to be replaced by Zander Diamond.  Hart's opinion on whether or not Diamond is a better player than Rangers first substitute remains unclear.  But the fact that the losers took an overdue vow of silence said it all."

Not sure what the media want or expect of players.  They need to fill their papers...............but the minute a player speaks his mind, these are the consequences.

Do they just want boring bland dull 'Rangers are a good team, but if they have an off day and we play well blah blah'....

Haven't had one since Dave McDiarmed moved from the club to his own company which still does some work for the club.

not true. dave still works five days a week at todders.

and it's not his own company. but his job is pretty much the same as it was when he was directly employed by the club.

Works in a PR role part time.  Nothing like a press officer.

And if he was press officer and was good stories like that would never get to the press.

i'd be delighted if you could tell us what the difference between being a PR man and being a press officer is. k min, you're one of those who've been extremely vocal in the past about the amount of many afc wastes. having a full-time press officer in-house is financial madness and the removal of such a post shows admirable business sense, if you ask me. wouldn't you rather afc's meagre budget went on players rather than backroom staff?

and it's utter delusional nonsense to say that if he was any good that stories like that wouldn't happen. even the best pr / press officer (i'll humour you this once) in the world is at the mercy of cockwit journalists if they chose to misquote / misinterpret or just plain make stuff up.

Thats just the Weegie media for you though. I'd be happy if our players came out and said this all the time, get it right up the Huns. It's better than sucking up to them saying that "we need them to have an off day" "Ibrox is a really difficult place to go"

I dont believe for a minute that there is anyone within AFC at any level that goes to Ibrox confident of a result and that needs to change, fuck the Huns, lets just go there with bugger all respect for them and get torn in.

Haven't had one since Dave McDiarmed moved from the club to his own company which still does some work for the club.

Wasn't Andrew Shinie the last Press Officer that we had?

Agree that it is a role that is drastically in need of resurrecting at Pittodrie. I think we got rid of Shinie when it was clear that Keith Wyness was capable of handling just about any flack that was fired in the direction of the club. But now there's nobody to do this job. Yeah, so Calderwood is a good face for the public. He always has been and always will be. He's as press-safe as Jim Leishman. But there's only so much crap that an Aberdeen manager can deflect ... even if that Aberdeen manager is Jimmy Calderwood. A club that is at the mercy of The Sun, the Daily Record, and now seemingly Aberdeen's very own gutter-rag the Evening Depress should really be hiring the services of a press officer. If any club needs a sole individual to handly the crap, it's Aberdeen.

It was a combination of bad timing, twisted words and Rangers fans finally having something to celebrate. Earlier in the season, a fairly innocuous comment designed to praise a few of Hart's team-mates would probably have been taken as just that. Or at the very worst it would have been used to highlight a Rangers side in turmoil. The fact that this total non-story came out at a time when Rangers have their tails up gave some of the press the opportunity they have been waiting for all season praise the Hun and put the boot in on us.

This will no doubt go down as one of those Pittodrie non stories which is recycled for the next 5 years and "never gets tiresome". See also the toaster story. What annoys me most is that what was intended as a way of saying that certain players in the Aberdeen squad are as good as anyone in Scotland (a statement that is certainly true) has turned into a stick to beat some of the players (ie Diamond) with for losing.

Always the way - Paint your wagon to suit the horse type journalism.  What would have happened if we had won that game?