Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clearout?

Been watching the growing hysteria on various AFC websites over the past few weeks regarding the possibility of our players/manager leaving. Is it just me or is anyone else kinda excited about this prospect? I think after the relative success the club has enjoyed the past few seasons, a lot of folk at Pittodrie and maybe some of the fans ina have fallen into a comfort zone.

I like the idea of getting rid of aqequate players like Hart and Clark and maybe even Calderwood. These guys have given good service to the club but familiarity breeds contempt. Give the club and team and new impetus and new approach and see how we get on. Get in players with the grit and drive we have been lacking, players like Ian Black etc. Build the team around young, motivated guys like Diamond. Bring on more of the promising youth players and give Maguire a regular run out. We dont need to be paying astronomical wages to get a team of 11 motivated and skillful players out on the park. Take in an exciting, attacking manager like John Hughes or Mark McGhee and see where the road takes us.

We should see these contract snubs as an opportunity rather than a devastating blow.

Would be slightly more exciting if we had half decent players coming in mind you.

But I'm going to say no.  Better the devil you know and until results start to slide then I'm happy to be making £200k from selling Chris Clark*, still being in a good position all four competitions, trips abroad to watch us play Bayern München* and Atletico Madrid.

Of course we'd all like to dream that Yogi, Dingus or A.N. Other could take us to the mystical 'next level' but then the nightmare's of Pele and Ebbe are still too fresh in my memory.

* These still haven't quite sunk in with me yet.  :o

Would be slightly more exciting if we had half decent players coming in mind you.

But I'm going to say no.  Better the devil you know and until results start to slide then I'm happy to be making £200k from selling Chris Clark*, still being in a good position all four competitions, trips abroad to watch us play Bayern München* and Atletico Madrid.

Of course we'd all like to dream that Yogi, Dingus or A.N. Other could take us to the mystical 'next level' but then the nightmare's of Pele and Ebbe are still too fresh in my memory.

* These still haven't quite sunk in with me yet.   :o

Still dunno what or where this "next level is. We are as good as we can expect to be, maybe underachieving in terms of current form but as good as can be expected.