Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Atmosphere at Pittodrie

I see that there's a proposal for a singing section at Pittodrie (RDS upper) for the next two games.  Why do it in the upper, surely any noise just get's lost?!?

width=400 height=300http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.854949!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_490/image.jpg[/img]

Fans to create singing section for next two Dons games

BY ANTHONY JOSEPH, 23 MAR 2015 1.51PM

A SINGING section will be in operation at Aberdeen FC’s next two league games.

The unofficial area will be in the Richard Donald Stand Upper central block.

The Dons take on Partick Thistle on April 4 and Inverness CT on April 8.

Stephen McCormick, the man behind the campaign, hopes it will generate a better atmosphere at Pittodrie to roar Derek McInnes’ side on to victory.

He said: “We have done this before at Hampden and other cup semi-finals.

“We thought the good results this season and a good team would mean a good atmosphere, but that hasn’t really happened. It’s terrible.

“We want to improve the atmosphere at Pittodrie to help McInnes and the players.

“In the future we would like to have a permanent section.”

Stephen is urging Dons fans who want to sing and chant for 90 minutes to buy tickets in the area they have selected.

The Dons have confirmed that any season ticket holders can relocate to the section for free by phoning the ticket office.

A spokesman for the club added: “The manager and the players really appreciate the support and the better the atmosphere, the better it is for them.

“We are obviously behind anything that helps the atmosphere.”

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like there was a decent effort made by the folk in the RDU last night - and apparently the dreaded drum mate a return ??? I quite like drums, but I know Jute isn't a fan of it at all  ;D

Aye there was.. but they're not interested in other fans (that they see as beneath them, and not just literally) joining hem. They sang their own songs that 99% of other fans wouldn't know so couldn't really join in even if they wanted to. And they moaned that the club put them in the RDU but then they go to the furthest back possibile part instead of trying to incorporate other fans. If I didn't know any better (and I do) I'd say they were just in it for themselves.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o They certainly made a noise though.

Nae complaints fae me...better some noise than no noise. Thought there was a bit of call and response between the RDS Upper and the South Stand.

And the drumming was effective without being aggravating...although I'm in the Main Stand and perhaps mercifully removed from the immediate din.

I always think our noise is temperature related , our stadium can be cold which inhibits the desire to be demonstrative. Of course , drink helps , but I think more people are drinking more sensibly today. The warmer weather makes us more exhibitionistic.  :thumbsup:

aye the singing section has made a big enough impact for the manager to come out and praise it. its all good with me . wish it all the best. think upstairs is best place for it. hopefully it grows bigger

Saw that in the EE, great that the manager actually acknowledges that too.  If only the powers higher up would do too!  Good luck to all involved, can only help, and if it has a positive effect on the team, even better.  Just wonder how much of it the players can actually hear though from the top of the RDS?  SS would make sense, right next to the away support  8)

:ultras: :ultras:

Feel the Club are being a bittie petty with Mezz(Stephen McCormack) , he is arguing the case well enough but getting all these knock backs. He cannot however afford to loose the plot , in spite of all the frustration. Is John Morgan still the security guy or behind this?

There had been entropy( ? ) on thus issue for decades and the Club could have done much better in this regard( acknowledging how much they do in other frames of reference ).

Feel the Club are being a bittie petty with Mezz(Stephen McCormack) , he is arguing the case well enough but getting all these knock backs. He cannot however afford to loose the plot , in spite of all the frustration. Is John Morgan still the security guy or behind this?

There had been entropy( ? ) on thus issue for decades and the Club could have done much better in this regard( acknowledging how much they do in other frames of reference ).

John Morgan has retired I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's also in the worst possible place for creating atmosphere.

Aye but their lust for notoriety causes them to be apart from "normal" supporters. They can sit anywhere they want. It's not an official placement by the club. Nor does it need to be.

• 2 weeks later...