Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Not having seen the pieman's article I would presume this one "fan" is a reference to the guy that ran onto the pitch at the end chased by the polis, and was lifted in front of main stand.

This being the case, whilst i wouldn't say it ruined my night, it certainly was extremely disappointing.

When will folk get it into their heids that running on the pitch is no longer acceptae behaviour in 2007, and that not only are they likely to get a life time ban, but also land the club in trouble with the authorities >:(

Guest fatshaft

Not having seen the pieman's article I would presume this one "fan" is a reference to the guy that ran onto the pitch at the end chased by the polis, and was lifted in front of main stand.

This being the case, whilst i wouldn't say it ruined my night, it certainly was extremely disappointing.

When will folk get it into their heids that running on the pitch is no longer acceptae behaviour in 2007, and that not only are they likely to get a life time ban, but also land the club in trouble with the authorities >:(

:clap:

Guest fatshaft

I disagree and think it IS acceptable behaviour - when compared to criminal behaviour. 

But it is criminal behaviour isn't it?  Is burglary acceptable just because you could say rape is worse?

It's wrong, and gives us a bad image, and is completely avoidable and pre-meditated. These pitch invading clowns should just grow up.

But it is criminal behaviour isn't it?  Is burglary acceptable just because you could say rape is worse?

It's wrong, and gives us a bad image, and is completely avoidable and pre-meditated. These pitch invading clowns should just grow up.

No point comparing the 2. The guy was feeling all the emotion the rest of us were and couldn't handle it. To describe what he did as "criminal" is really overstating it, in fact, it's a ridiculous description for a guy running onto a field of football.

Stupid yes, understandable, I reckon yes too.

These moronic clowns should be banned from ever attending another Aberdeen game. Despite the fact they have paid 25 sheets to watch the game live, these animals are not fans of AFC! Along with the casuals who travelled all the way to Dnipro and Madrid looking for a rammy, probably didnt even watch the game. The good name of AFC has been dragged through the mud again. Maybe John Brown was right and Dons fans are morons. And if hear one Durrant song the morn I'll be reporting your seat numbers to John Morgan, makes us as bad as the huns................Blah, blah, blah. Getting a fucking life Charlie yi fat flump, this is fitba where folk get emotional, maybe the panto at HMT wid be more your thing yi fackin scab!!

Its a duplicitous situation for me. The actual act of running onto a football pitch is a harmless piece of over-exuberance which, 99% of the time, is brought on by an emotional reaction to something sensational occurring. Its certainly an over reaction to be suggesting anyone who does this is a moron who should be locked up or banned from every ground in the country etc etc etc. However, the fact is that in todays footballing climate this action is frowned upon, whether we like it or not. With all the over-sensitivity that surrounds us then anyone deciding to break these rules has to expect this sort of reaction. Worst part is that it does reflect badly on the club, good part is it gives you something to laugh about and cheer at. Toot toot.  :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go as far as saying he ruined my night, come on, we just beat Copenhagen 4-0!

However, I had muppets behind me today singing 'Ibrox 71', 'We all agree...' (first time I've EVER heard that), 'Who's that lying at Pittodrie' along with several racist comments today and a Davie Cooper song. That's the sort of thing that bothers me more than 1 person being a numpty an running onto the pitch.

Guest fatshaft

No point comparing the 2. The guy was feeling all the emotion the rest of us were and couldn't handle it. To describe what he did as "criminal" is really overstating it, in fact, it's a ridiculous description for a guy running onto a field of football.

Stupid yes, understandable, I reckon yes too.

I might be wrong here, but it is a criminal act isn't it?

Anyway, it's not understandable at all. Why would you want to run onto the pitch? Jumping about in the stands with your mates and fellow fans isn't enough to show what a "great" fan you are, lets run onto the pitch instead then everyone will know. It's pathetic, and as Ajja says, now is especially not the time to be doing anything like this, as especially in this country the authorities will take any excuse to deflect attention from the ugly sisters.

Had to laugh yesterday, a brief rendetition of Who's that lying at Pittodrie was struck up by the right side of the RDS and one guy looked at the culprits like they had just been caught shagging his wife whilst shiteing in his pint. Take a fucking chill pill min, its a song about a Rangers player getting injured, boo fucking hoo.

Guest Nellie The Don

I really don't understand what the issue is here.

So they ran on to the pitch. Who gives a fuck? To call the breach of the peace is just bollocks.

I would invite anyone who views this as more than a slightly mischievous distraction to get a fucking grip.

Its pointless. Yes it was a stupid thing to do, but did he act like that guy did at Celtic park? NO! We all understand why they did it and it happens. Why is it acceptable in other sports, but not this? Its a joke.

Re: the simmy song, heard that on tv. But was glad the commentators didn't hear it!

Guest fatshaft

Ok NEllie and Manc, lets put it another way, the English (ironically) think Scottish fans are hooligans, why? Because of Wembley and the famous goalposts incident, not a one can ever point to anything else that would justify their opnions and ironic stereotyping of Scottish football fans as hooligans. And we all know there was no hooliganism there, fans were excited, got on the pitch and climbed the goalposts which snapped, yet not a single Scottish fan was there trying to damage the goals.

So back to why we shouldn't invade the pitch. Well first of all, it's NOT spontaneous, it's a premeditated act that everyone knows will get them in trouble, so why bother? And secondly, it tarnishes our reputation like the Tartan Army in the above example, easily done, very difficult to get rid of.

Same goes for the Simmy song, I have no issue with it really, the trouble being it's the same tune as the Ibrox song, and the knuckle draggers (& Jim Traynor) are incapable of diferentiating between the two - or hear what they want to hear - so for the good of all Dons fans and the club, it would be better just left in the past.

:thumbsup:

I might be wrong here, but it is a criminal act isn't it?

Anyway, it's not understandable at all. Why would you want to run onto the pitch? Jumping about in the stands with your mates and fellow fans isn't enough to show what a "great" fan you are, lets run onto the pitch instead then everyone will know. It's pathetic, and as Ajja says, now is especially not the time to be doing anything like this, as especially in this country the authorities will take any excuse to deflect attention from the ugly sisters.

You made the comparison with burglary, in that sense you grouped the 2 together, they are categorically not the same thing. 

Why isn't it understandable? It's pretty reprehensible, for the image of the club etc and as I said stupid but there isn't an IQ meter at the gates, were that the case a lot more of AFC's fans wouldn't get in.

He got carried away, he may well also be daft as a brush which, when added to a likely intake of bevvy, makes it understandable. No less stupid just understandable.

That said, pleading a case of "daftboyness" isn't going to help either him or the club.

Guest Nellie The Don

Ok NEllie and Manc, lets put it another way, the English (ironically) think Scottish fans are hooligans, why? Because of Wembley and the famous goalposts incident, not a one can ever point to anything else that would justify their opnions and ironic stereotyping of Scottish football fans as hooligans. And we all know there was no hooliganism there, fans were excited, got on the pitch and climbed the goalposts which snapped, yet not a single Scottish fan was there trying to damage the goals.

So back to why we shouldn't invade the pitch. Well first of all, it's NOT spontaneous, it's a premeditated act that everyone knows will get them in trouble, so why bother? And secondly, it tarnishes our reputation like the Tartan Army in the above example, easily done, very difficult to get rid of.

Same goes for the Simmy song, I have no issue with it really, the trouble being it's the same tune as the Ibrox song, and the knuckle draggers (& Jim Traynor) are incapable of diferentiating between the two - or hear what they want to hear - so for the good of all Dons fans and the club, it would be better just left in the past.

:thumbsup:

This assumes that we give half a fuck about what the english, the knuckle-draggers and Jim Traynor think of us.  As far as I'm concerned, they can all go and take a flying leap.  Just because they may not like people running on the pitch, nor 'Simmy' songs doesn't make either of these any more than they are. The footage of the Scottish fans hanging off the goalposts at Wembley gives me a fuzzy warm feeling inside every time I see it.  Ruining our reputation? Stroll on.

Guest fatshaft

You made the comparison with burglary, in that sense you grouped the 2 together, they are categorically not the same thing. 

Why isn't it understandable? It's pretty reprehensible, for the image of the club etc and as I said stupid but there isn't an IQ meter at the gates, were that the case a lot more of AFC's fans wouldn't get in.

He got carried away, he may well also be daft as a brush which, when added to a likely intake of bevvy, makes it understandable. No less stupid just understandable.

That said, pleading a case of "daftboyness" isn't going to help either him or the club.

How you put it here, I have to admit it is then understandable, especially in light of some of the mongtards I had to witness inside the Vincent Calderon last month.