Andy Driver on trial

Thought he was very good at Hearts when he first started.  Where's he been since ???

He went out to the MLS when he left Hearts - I think it was Houston Dynamo he signed for. I thought I read a while ago that his contract had been extended? Clearly not if he is on trial with us.

He would be a good addition to the squad IMO. Although I am not too sure he would feel if he were only to be a squad player. Although saying that if we did keep hold of everyone and had the likes of Driver on the bench it shows how far we have come in the past few years to have that sort of strength on the bench, let alone in the starting XI.

I thought I read a while ago that his contract had been extended? Clearly not if he is on trial with us.

On 25 November 2014, it was announced that Houston had declined the option on Driver's contract. On December 8, 2014, his rights were traded to D.C. United, who opted not to sign him after a short trial

He went out to the MLS when he left Hearts - I think it was Houston Dynamo he signed for. I thought I read a while ago that his contract had been extended? Clearly not if he is on trial with us.

He would be a good addition to the squad IMO. Although I am not too sure he would feel if he were only to be a squad player. Although saying that if we did keep hold of everyone and had the likes of Driver on the bench it shows how far we have come in the past few years to have that sort of strength on the bench, let alone in the starting XI.

This bit is especially true.  Wasn't he touted as an England international and valued at £1million at some point?

If he's a free transfer, would seem a no brainer to me.  Hopefully the reasons the MLS teams didn't take him up on a contract offer are for other reasons...

• 2 weeks later...

Happy enough with this.

Works for both parties in that gives a spell to prove his worth without shelling out on a risky longer term deal.

Assume short term deal means end of the season.

We are certainly not any weaker a team as a result.

Happy enough with this.

Works for both parties in that gives a spell to prove his worth without shelling out on a risky longer term deal.

Assume short term deal means end of the season.

We are certainly not any weaker a team as a result.

Precisely. As far as I see, no harm in it, especially since he knows the league.  Hopefully works out for both parties!

As long as his injury problems are behind him should be an excellent addition to the squad.

From listening to his interview on RedTV, he's very open about having injury problems in his final season at Hearts but apparently in the US he didn't miss one training session so believes these are behind him.

Welcome to the club  :thumbsup:

I'm sure the trial period went a fairway to helping him settle into the squad, hope the lack of competitive football doesnt mean he takes a while to get into the swing of things.

More decent business by the club.

par for the course these days..