Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

U20s beat United 2-0

Dundee United 0 | 2 Aberdeen

Smith 54

Masson 62

SPFL Development League | Starks Park, Kirkcaldy | 2pm | FT

Aberdeen starting XI: Mutch, Rose, C Robertson, Gibbons, Taylor, Culjak, Wright, Masson, Shankland, Smith, Felek

Substitutes: Campanile, Jones, Henry, Petrie, S Robertson

-----------

Ash Taylor started the game and completed the full 90 mins - whether this enough for Sundays game is unknown.

B-tnhSfW0AE-A71.jpg

Going to try to get along to see U20s when they play Hibs away as Hibs are using Spartans ground this year which is just down from my work.

Slightly off subject but what are everyone thoughts on Taylor getting straight back into side or should Daniels keep his place. Personally I think Daniels is much better player than Taylor and has built a good understanding with Reynolds and Logan already. While Taylor has improved with games he is still an accident waiting to happen and really struggles against a team with pace so would stick with Daniels.

Slightly off subject but what are everyone thoughts on Taylor getting straight back into side or should Daniels keep his place. Personally I think Daniels is much better player than Taylor and has built a good understanding with Reynolds and Logan already. While Taylor has improved with games he is still an accident waiting to happen and really struggles against a team with pace so would stick with Daniels.

Was thinking that yesterday when I was reading an article about Taylor getting back to fitness.  I agree, I think we should stick with what we have, it's working at the moment.  Especially this weekend.

Going to try to get along to see U20s when they play Hibs away as Hibs are using Spartans ground this year which is just down from my work.

Agree with you. Taylor has done ok, but just ok in my book. Always looks as though there's an error on it's way with him.  He reminds me very much of Brian Irvine. Not very flexible, runs with a very straight back, dives in when it's not required and that fresh air swipe or getting ripped a new one by an average striker is just round the corner.

Daniels has done well enough, looks like a player who is happy to just keep doing the basics well. 

I really wish we had Anderson for this run in though and particularly for this Sunday.

Keep Daniels in, if isn't broken don't fix it!!

I like Taylor and think he rode the storm and became an important part of a defence that in the main looked more than capable of dealing with pretty much everything the SPL could throw at it. That said Daniels has come in and adapted quickly, is the man in possession of the jersey and as such think it would be harsh on him to pitch Taylor straight back in.

In short however in Del I trust, and sure he will make the right decision.