dons v buddies

Losing Hayes is a blow but this is why you have a squad. I had the thought today that flood might come in for hayes in preparation for the san giro for a week Sunday but equally it could be goodwilie, smith or even shankland (who I think we all want to see getting more gametime).

In

Supporters bus/golf club

Main

Supporters bus then maybe out in the schneck

Another 3-0 rooney, mclean and goodie

Andrew Considine insists Aberdeen will not let their focus slip ahead of the potentially crucial upcoming meeting with Celtic.

The Dons are three points adrift of the Premiership leaders, who they face at Celtic Park on 1 March.

But Considine's full focus is on Saturday's date with St Mirren.

"It's going to be a huge end to the season but we have St Mirren next and we will look at that and take each game as it comes," he told the club website.

Derek McInnes' Dons cut the gap on Celtic with a 3-0 win at Hamilton on Sunday, a game in which Considine netted the opener.

The Pittodrie men have taken 32 points from a possible 36 since last losing in the league against Celtic, leaving Aberdeen well-placed in the title race.

As you said tlg, this has banana skin all over it, although I think that might be doing a disservice to the team.  Another crucial game and hopefully they'll soak up the loss of Hayes and grind out a result.  I know they've been saying it, but they really cannot look further than the next game.

Out

Breakfast courtesy of the lady

Boozy birthday lunch

Party

2-0, Rooney and Daniels

Why Kenny McLean will be the key man for Aberdeen against St Mirren

By Thom Watt

20 February 2015 12:04 GMT

Injury to Jonny Hayes may mean that Derek McInnes has to alter his formation for the visit of St Mirren.

There are no shortage of options, as the Aberdeen manager could bring in Willo Flood, Barry Robson or Cammy Smith as more direct replacements, or start David Goodwillie and alter the formation.

Without Hayes’ running, more impetus could be placed on Kenny McLean when he faces his old club.

Positions last two games v County & Hamilton:

333994-starting-vs-ross-county.jpg

333995-starting-vs-hamilton.jpg

The 23-year-old has been gently eased into proceedings, starting in an advanced midfield role against Ross County, before being moved deeper for the match with Hamilton.

McLean could be directly pitted against his creative replacement in Stephen Mallan. The youngster has been the undoubted highlight of a difficult season so far, and despite playing only 1060 minutes of first-team football this term, he is the only player in the St Mirren team to have provided three or more assists.

Its a tough one that, Smith might be a bit lightweight but that might be ok against a team like St.Mirren.  I'd hope we won't be starting Robson as his legs have clearly gone and slows play down too much.  Maybe go with Smith as he's probably a bit more suited to the roll. Flood, his form seems a bit indifferent at the mo so i'd probably prefer to see him coming off the bench.  Will be interesting to see what McLean can do against his old team mates.

Well that was easy. Do not think we broke sweat today. Cannot recall as easy a win for Dons in the league. Flood played well today possibly having his best game in a Dons shirt. Rooney McGinn Considine and McLean playing well. St Mirren looked hopeless. Even worse than County did a few weeks back. Hopefully they and Motherwell will go down to be replaced by Edinburgh clubs.