Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Helen v Dons

This'll be a rare away game appearance for me so I apologise in advance for jinxing it.

It's another massive game as they all are when you're trying to keep pressure up at the top of the league. St. Mirren have been poor this season and complacency is what I fear although I trust DM McInnes to now allow the players to become complacent.

Going for another 2-0 win for us with Rooney and Goodwillie getting on the scoresheet.

One thing you can say about St Mirren is they are strong in the middle.  Mcginn and Maclean are a very strong pairing if they both start, it makes me wonder if DM is thinking about bringing Flood back in........... but who the fuck would he drop at the moment?  Hayes, Jack and Rooney are out of the question. Pawlett, Mcginn and Goodwillie have all been shining intermittently with Mcginn and DG providing the better part of 20 assists between them.  PP has been looking a bit more like player he can be in recent weeks and has scored two match winning goals also. 

It's a bit of a headache for Mcinnes, change up a winning team to make it a bit more balanced or stick with tried and tested.  :dunno:

One thing you can say about St Mirren is they are strong in the middle.  Mcginn and Maclean are a very strong pairing if they both start, it makes me wonder if DM is thinking about bringing Flood back in........... but who the fuck would he drop at the moment?  Hayes, Jack and Rooney are out of the question. Pawlett, Mcginn and Goodwillie have all been shining intermittently with Mcginn and DG providing the better part of 20 assists between them.  PP has been looking a bit more like player he can be in recent weeks and has scored two match winning goals also. 

It's a bit of a headache for Mcinnes, change up a winning team to make it a bit more balanced or stick with tried and tested.  :dunno:

This is definitely one of the banana skins and agree we need a bit more steel in midfield to go against st mirren. I suspect it might be one where we resort to 4-5-1 with DG dropping to the bench, that or 3-5-2 with consi dropping.

Another game where we only took a fraction of our chances.

Having said that on another day with better finishing St Mirren could easily have found the net a couple of times.

I have seen us play a lot better and lose, but there is a real desire within the team yo keep on winning.

Special mention must go to Andrew Considine who I thought was outstanding and has been for a right few weeks now.

Bit of a heart in my mouth in the second half when Osbourne injured Ryan Jack and thought he was well and truely crocked.

All said just a routine day at the office and the run continues.

Going on the highlights we didn't play particularly well, so grinding out the win and keeping another clean sheet is fantastic, probably something we've failed to do in the past!

:thumbsup:

I was worried about the weather murdering any prospect of a decent spectacle. But to be honest I've seen games far worse. We managed to create a lot and as Al said we only took a fraction of our chances. Also as Al said St. Mirren could've quite conceivably muddied our clean sheet record but Brown was alert ahen he needed to be and made one or two smart saves. Considine was a candidate for MOTM the match but I went for Hayes. He was absolutely superb. McGinn and Shankland unlucky not to score also.