Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Ach Jimmy

Really the boy makes a rod for his own back.

Interview on Radio Scotland:

"We have had defensive problems all season"  True

"Trying to pick a settled side, trying to get the formation of the defence right" So that is why you made two unnecessary positional changes in defence that quite clearly were never gonna work, I mean Byrne at LB  :hammer:

"pushed on and played 244" Come on now, pushing your fullbacks on, against a side with the game in the bag isn't really 244 is it?

He is angry with the players, quite rightly, but sometimes it would be nice for him to come out and admit he gets things (badly) wrong on occasion

Needlessly changed the team and paid for it. Diamond coming back just needed a straight swap with him in for Mair. Dropping Foster , moving Byrne wide and also putting Touzani back in defence when he's been outstanding in midfield is why Jimmy, however far he gets us in europe or the cups, will never be accepted by a lot of fans.

We are a more than capable side which is constantly being held back by tactics such as today's ones.  Just a case of whether that outweighs the good work JC does.  For me personally it certainly does outweigh the good and think JC after doing a decent job initially is now holding us back!!

Tend to agree after games like that, although a new manager inevitably brings in a totally new side and we've not got a great track record with picking managers. Could go totally wrong so I'm pretty undecided.

A lot will hinge on who signs new contracts and it will be interesting to see if Jimmy talks about a new deal and how long he gets if he gets a new deal.

JC's tactics are just plain stupid! He cannot expect fancy Dutch tactics to work in the unskilled SPL where every player lives eats and breathes 4-4-2 from the age of four.

Mind the game a couple of years ago at Ibrox. We were 1-0 down, and had gone into half time on the ascendency. Five minutes into the second half, and clearly nae happy with us gradually working our way back into the match, JC goes and changes us from 4-4-2 to one of his fabulous makebelieve formations.

The huns spot this change happening and hit us with three goals in the space of about ten minutes.

Does JC not see that these strange formations and playing players in unfamiliar positions are doing us more damage than good? Surely as Director Of Football, Willie Miller should be pointing this out to JC and saying "stick to what works, Jimmy!".

Needlessly changed the team and paid for it. Diamond coming back just needed a straight swap with him in for Mair. Dropping Foster , moving Byrne wide and also putting Touzani back in defence when he's been outstanding in midfield is why Jimmy, however far he gets us in europe or the cups, will never be accepted by a lot of fans.

:thumbsup: Can't agree with that more. He made non-sensical and unnecessary changes. Probably to match Motherwells game plan. Fool.  >:D:hammer:

JC's tactics are just plain stupid! He cannot expect fancy Dutch tactics to work in the unskilled SPL where every player lives eats and breathes 4-4-2 from the age of four.

Mind the game a couple of years ago at Ibrox. We were 1-0 down, and had gone into half time on the ascendency. Five minutes into the second half, and clearly nae happy with us gradually working our way back into the match, JC goes and changes us from 4-4-2 to one of his fabulous makebelieve formations.

The huns spot this change happening and hit us with three goals in the space of about ten minutes.

Does JC not see that these strange formations and playing players in unfamiliar positions are doing us more damage than good? Surely as Director Of Football, Willie Miller should be pointing this out to JC and saying "stick to what works, Jimmy!".

It has nothing to do with "strange" formations

We played 442 yesterday but played the wrong players in the wrong positions. JC has only played these crazy attacking formations he is apparently famous for a couple of times since being at pittodrie.  JC is pretty conservative when it comes to formations..instead he fucks about with the team selection

I now turn up so late, and then leave so early - it's not worth me going.  I just don't have the attention span for more than 30mins of fitba these days  :(

At games like yesterdays that's no big deal - but hope I manage to go the distance on thursday

Aye - i know the feeling.  Some of the lads on our bus that have ben going religiously for years have left the last 3 games before 50 mins to head back to pub for 45 mins before bus leaves.