Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

AFC v Killie

Poor first half today. Better in 2nd half but not much. Very pedestrian going forward today compared to last week. Made very hard work of disposing of a poor Killie team. Still an important win that puts in a great position going into festive games.

Was Jack worthy of motm? From the radio, it sounded like it was the Jonny Hayes show (again). Not that I'm not pleased for Jack obviously.

Jack was immense, especially first half. Immaculate.

Very much lacking the intensity from last week but I'd be inclined to give Killie a little credit, they had a game plan that almost worked for them. That said, couple off the woodwork, few ballooned over. Pretty dominant in terms of chances and possession. Good result but not a great performance like last week.

Goodwillie was a little disappointing but again in comparison wi last week, boy desperately needs a goal.

I thought we played quite well, on another day we'd have scored another 3. 

Jack and Hayes were tremendous and the defence looked quite assured again.

I really hope we can sign up Goodwillie on a longer contract, superb footballer. His movement, awareness, and first touch are fantastic.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/football/the-dons/dons-boss-plays-down-touchline-spat-with-goodwillie-1.750081

DONS boss Derek McInnes played down his touchline spat with striker David Goodwillie.

One of talking points from the 1-0 win over Kilmarnock was a heated touchline showdown between McInnes and Goodwillie,  after the Dons striker had been subbed in the second half.

McInnes was clearly displeased by Goodwillie’s reaction, although he played things down later.

The Pittodrie manager said: “David played well and on another day might have scored two or three goals.

“There was obviously a wee bit of frustration from him because  he wanted to stay on the pitch.

“But the players know any changes made are with the best interests of the team in mind.

“We went to a 4-3-3 to see the game out.

“Adam Rooney was also kept on because his height meant he would be of use in defensive situations.

“David accepted that.

“I would rather players were unhappy to come off.”

I had Hayes as MOTM the match but TBH be honest there were at least 3 Dons worthy of it. Taylor was really good again and obviously Jack also. Was a little disappointed that we made it such hard work. We did have the chances to have the game won long before the nervy ending that we got. I was really pleased with Goodwillie again. Agree with Ally and hope we get the lad signed up. Just a shame that he missed another chance but he has a lot more to his game than that.