Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Budge tells Hearts fans - Tynecastle might be sold for flats

mizer

Finances could eventually force Hearts to move from Tynecastle Stadium, owner Ann Budge has admitted.

The Edinburgh businesswoman has been speaking in depth for the first time since her summer takeover.

Budge explained that one of her priorities was to patch up parts of the stadium in a state of disrepair.

"But we've got to be realistic and it might be that it's a more cost-effective solution to actually move," she told BBC Scotland.

"Tynecastle does have something magical about it. If there was some way we could actually do something with the stand, it might be that that would be the better option and I know a lot of people would prefer to stay in Tynecastle.

"But, right now, I have no idea what the answer is and I think I would hope that, by the end of my time here, at the very least, we will have a plan that's been properly evaluated through and try to choose the right one for the club."

Moving to a new stadium had been mooted by previous administrations because it was deemed difficult to expand at the present location near the city centre.

"It's been neglected for a long time," said Budge. "There's an awful lot needs to be doing to it.

Has also said it will not be regarded as failure if they are not promoted this year which is a very odd statement for the owner of a club 9 points clear to make. Possibly hinting that they cannot afford to be promoted this year?

Have to say the main stand at Tynecastle is a death trap, more so than the Main at Pittodrie.

1560461_10153770932220481_994671720_n.jpg?oh=b76ac5e82f849778fc3d75a7ce2ef570&oe=54D4BF00&__gda__=1427114328_48e6ef989ac94b1cb6d740ffb160574e

1014063_10153770932420481_523065271_n.jpg?oh=5ced6d5c5368750202d11ea45df66b95&oe=5505B6B7

Hearts probably have even less chance of redeveloping it to the same capacity given how boxed in they are.

Has also said it will not be regarded as failure if they are not promoted this year which is a very odd statement for the owner of a club 9 points clear to make. Possibly hinting that they cannot afford to be promoted this year?

Not sure if I am missing something but why wouldn't they be able to afford to be promoted? Should it not be the other way around?

Not sure if I am missing something but why wouldn't they be able to afford to be promoted? Should it not be the other way around?

Players would be due bonus and increased wages. Also other costs increased. Maybe not in a position to fund that as yet. Just speculating really as just seems to be an odd statement to make.