Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Indy Ref Poll

It’s just under ten weeks until the vote on Scottish independence and we are not one for delving into matters political.

However, afc1903.co.uk is interested the current view of Donstalk users on Scottish independence and have opened a poll below, which asks the question that you will be asked on 18 September 2014, “Should Scotland be an independent country”.  The only difference being, that we have an undecided option which you won’t have in the polling booth!

So place your vote below, and we will keep track on this on the lead up to the big day in September.

CLICK TO VOTE

Yes http://wedgi.es/VWWwRl

No http://wedgi.es/1rgtIhe

Undecided http://wedgi.es/1q5D8yQ

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't understand how so many folk don't want their own country to govern themselves! ???

Could it perhaps be down to having little or no faith in those who currently 'govern' this country with devolved powers?

PS Im still undecided

Could it perhaps be down to having little or no faith in those who currently 'govern' this country with devolved powers?

PS Im still undecided

I see your point but the alternative is another 300 years of governments we haven't voted for. Who are at least equally as inept may I add.

More faith in the devolved government that has kept prescriptions and education completely free than the Westminster government that has done the opposite. On trends toward equality and the other does not.

Its the free stuff that concerns me.

Free at the moment but will it still be free in an independent Scotland under the current tax levels?

I am all for free healthcare and education but only when it isn't impacting on other elements.

Does our free prescriptions come at a cost of several nurses, paramedics, hospital equipment, Special treatments etc?

Does our free education come at the cost of research facilities, qualified tutors/ guest lecturers or even apprenticeships for those who don't want to go to uni?

I keep seeing comparisons to Norway but they never seem to mention the basic income tax rate there is 28% compared to 20% in the UK.

If losing another 8% of my income results in a better health, transport, & education systems then I'm all for it but if we are to spend the next X number of years ploughing on with the same system minus whatever money comes from Westminster then no thank you.

Of course saying 'we will raise taxes' in your manifesto is up there with saying we 'we will kill your first born child'  but a bit of honesty and signs of a thought process would be a nice change.

I keep seeing comparisons to Norway but they never seem to mention the basic income tax rate there is 28% compared to 20% in the UK.

Salaries are higher in Norway and that goes from the top right down to minimum wage.

The difference being that you can actually see where your tax money goes over there.  They punch holes through mountains to get from A to B at the drop of a hat.  Aberdeen can't even afford to fix potholes and I won't even mention the bypass.

Meanwhile Birmingham to London is gets a high speed train to the tune of £80bn.