left back

I still think we need one. Considine can do a shift there but I'm never totally comfortable with it. Robertson has looked a decent prospect at times but I'm far from convinced by him. Would love to see us get a left sided Logan in, it would make such a difference to our team.

I still think we need one. Considine can do a shift there but I'm never totally comfortable with it. Robertson has looked a decent prospect at times but I'm far from convinced by him. Would love to see us get a left sided Logan in, it would make such a difference to our team.

Considine was horrendous at times this season at left back. Not helped by the fact that he appears to be wearing concrete boots these days. Wouldn't have him there ever again and Robertson... no. It's not going to happen for him at left back.

• 4 months later...

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/inverness/299481-graeme-shinnie-closer-to-inverness-ct-exit-after-rejecting-new-deal/

Graeme Shinnie has moved a step closer to leaving Inverness CT after turning down a new contract.

The 23-year-old's current deal expires in the summer and so far the defender and the club have been unable to come to an agreement on fresh terms.

Aberdeen expressed an interest in the player over the summer and Shinnie's agent Clive Hart confirmed to STV that the player looks likely to depart the Highlands.

He told the Daily Express: "I have spoken to to the Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron and told him that it looks like Graeme Shinnie will be leaving at the end of his contract.

"Inverness have offered Graeme a new contract but we have turned it down.

"Graeme has had some great times at Inverness and is really enjoying his football under John Hughes, but feels he is now at a stage of his career where he wants to try something different, whether that be in England or Scotland."

Feeling dirty, but had a sneaky look on RM ( initially to read the post about Burton's t shirt) and there is three pages about them signing him. Arrogant fuckwits don't even acknowledge the fact that Shinnie might go elsewhere. AFC should buy out contract in January and chuck in someone like Joe to sweeten ICT.

Thing is, if we put cash on the table then Zombies are going to struggle to match.

• 1 month later...

I think Shinnie is the only left back in the world though, Al...  ;)

Have seen talk elsewhere about Bob Harris of Sheffield United. He is out of contract at the end of this season, but has option for further year. Given he appears to be playing week in week out for them, not entirely sure that he is a realistic target.

Have seen talk elsewhere about Bob Harris of Sheffield United. He is out of contract at the end of this season, but has option for further year. Given he appears to be playing week in week out for them, not entirely sure that he is a realistic target.

Sounds like the sort of rumour we should only whisper about.

Very much doubt that McInnes has all his eggs in one basket.

At the end of the day if he wants to come to us he will.

If not, let's move on, at least we face closure on one of the longest running transfer sagas in our recent history.

Not so sure that is not what happened in the summer.

One big plus point for us is already having Hayes and Rooney at the club. I know a guy that knows Rooney from his time at ict and apparently Hayes encouragement was a big influence on Rooney coming to us. I would be very surprised if those two were not giving a very positive message about life under dm and at pittodrie in general to shinnie. Given out current form and the fact he would walk straight into the team I think we must be favorites to get him.

One big plus point for us is already having Hayes and Rooney at the club. I know a guy that knows Rooney from his time at ict and apparently Hayes encouragement was a big influence on Rooney coming to us. I would be very surprised if those two were not giving a very positive message about life under dm and at pittodrie in general to shinnie. Given out current form and the fact he would walk straight into the team I think we must be favorites to get him.

I'd think it would be between ourselves and Birmingham.  Birmingham possibly being ahead as his brother is there.

I'd like to think we're not solely relying on him signing though, was looking at Paul Dixon but he's probably outside our budget...especially since he seems to be holding down a place at Huddersfield.  There are plenty of left backs around, whether we're looking at them is another.  Can see Consi being there until the summer.

I'd think it would be between ourselves and Birmingham.  Birmingham possibly being ahead as his brother is there.

I'd like to think we're not solely relying on him signing though, was looking at Paul Dixon but he's probably outside our budget...especially since he seems to be holding down a place at Huddersfield.  There are plenty of left backs around, whether we're looking at them is another.  Can see Consi being there until the summer.

Yeah the Andrew factor is a big one.  At the very least I would think Shinnie will want to hear what we have to say.  Every man and his dog can see that Aberdeen and shinnie are a really good match.  The position would be his with little animosity as well as Considine prefers the centre anyway so he would be walking into a winning team that plays in a manner well suited to his game.  Add in the Mcinnes clearly being an exceptional manager factor and the long term plans for the club we must be a very attractive opportunity for him.  It's whether we are attractive enough.......

Of course there are other lb's in the world but I have a good feeling about shinne. I think he might well pick us over Birmingham.