New digital platform for AFC

Aberdeen Football Club, the 2014 Scottish League Cup Winners has appointed digital sports agency Sotic to deliver a completely new online presence to engage and communicate with their supporters' and sponsors throughout the world.

The agreement comes as Aberdeen FC is experiencing its most successful season for 19 years winning the Scottish League Cup, reaching the semi-final of the Scottish FA Cup and closing in on a second place in the Scottish Premiership culminating in Derek McInnes being named PFA Scotland Manager of the Year.

Aberdeen FC is capitalising on their on-pitch success by appointing Sotic to deliver a world class digital platform, providing fans with a content rich cutting edge website to meet their needs across multiple platforms. A key part of the solution will be bringing the live match day experience to life online.

Sotic is the lead agency for the design and build with a best of breed solution. They will work in partnership with Opta on the performance and match data delivery, Perform for Streaming live and on-demand multimedia, Opentext for Content, Asset and Customer Experience Management and Highwinds for Content Delivery.

"We want the success of the club on the pitch to be replicated through our digital channels," Aberdeen's IT Manager, David Bowman said. "The information we provide to our fans needs to be more accessible across the ever growing diverse environment, and we believe Sotic will help Aberdeen FC create an effective integrated digital solution. During the pitch process we were impressed by Sotic's approach and track-record in delivering time critical high profile sports solutions and we look forward to working with them over the next five years in this changing environment where we move from push news stories to real fan participation."

Leo Mindel, Director of Sotic added: "Aberdeen FC is one of Scotland's leading professional sports brands, with exciting and progressive plans for the future. We are looking forward to delivering the club with an interactive presence bringing fans closer to the live atmosphere experienced at a Dons game. We will work closely with the club to deliver an adaptive customer experience to their fans across a true multichannel platform and make better use of their rich library of digital assets."

The new multichannel presence will be launching early July ahead of the new season.

Sounds encouraging.

Hopefully they change the fact that to listen to games on your iphone  you need a second subscription to red tv. Pisses me off that when I am out I cant get the game on my phone!!!

The amount of goals I missed in the league cup over the years cause they were scored while I was driving home from work  :finger:

• 3 months later...

Looks like the new platform is up and running!! Looks better to me already.

An interesting note on RedTV as well:

With the new website now launched, our full attention will now turn to improving our REDTV and REDTV International product including better compatibility with tablets and smart devices. Work is currently ongoing behind the scenes but in the meantime the current platform with Perform will remain in place for the time being.

Hopefully it means we are finally going to be able to watch games on Tablet/phone etc....