Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Caley

Caley's record since Hughes took over isn't that great

Played - 7

Won - 1 (Hearts)

Drawn - 3 (Arabs, Partick, St Mirren)

Lost - 3 (Dons, Celtic, County)

Goals for - 7 (Failed to score in 3 games)

Goals against - 8

Under Butcher

Played - 13

Won - 9

Drawn - 1

Lost - 3

Goals for - 21

Goals against - 12

Under Malpas

Played - 3

Won-3

Goals for - 7

Goals against - 0

But I digress

In/Oot - Oot

Prematch - 5s then work

match - Maybe sportsound or score blackout and watch it on Alba

Post Match - Not much

Prediction - 1-1 (Anderson)

We were 2nd best all over the park. Flood getting MOTM was laughable, he was getting about the pitch but I lost count of how many times he gave the ball away. Jack was the only don even close to pass marks IMO opinion. Big game next week now, we don't want to be going into the cup tie on the back of 2 defeats.

Derek McInnes admitted Aberdeen were below-par in the 1-0 defeat to Inverness , but insists they will move on from it.

Danny Williams' goal brought the Dons' six-game unbeaten run to an end.

"We never got to the level we're capable of," McInnes told BBC Radio Scotland. "If we don't get enough at that level, we're vulnerable to that kind of result.

"But we've been on a terrific run, we can't get too despondent about it."

Aberdeen remain second in the Premiership but spurned the chance to increase the gap between them and third-place Motherwell, who lost to Celtic.

McInnes's side also wasted several opportunities to capitalise at set-pieces, having won 13 corners in the match.

"Credit to Inverness," said the Aberdeen manager. "They broke on us well and I thought they worked extremely hard to nullify our passing game and we never got going at all.

"I thought we started the game well and forced a lot of play in and around the 'keeper; set plays that we never took full advantage of.

"I don't think we had enough concerted pressure after that and it was a bad day for us all round."

The hosts' best chance came midway through the second half when Willo Flood's half-volley was tipped over the crossbar by Dean Brill.

Other than that, Aberdeen failed to create any clear-cut opportunities.

"We never worked the ball well enough and exerted the control we normally do in games home and away," added McInnes.

"I felt it was a bit too frantic for my liking, but we'll cover it, and address it and hopefully try and get better next time out.

"We've gone on a few runs this season already, which the players deserve huge credit for. They've really shown that consistency of performance.

"This was a bad result in among that. The performance wasn't what they were capable of, and we need to bring more to the game if we want to win more games.

"We dust ourselves down and move on to Motherwell next week."

Horrible display. This is a result that's been coming. We've been playing fairly poorly but grinding out results. We looked unfit and we were second to every ball. Shite min. Fucking BOOOOOO.

Really?! Someone was on here the other day saying how fit we were and that's how we were winning games  :-\

Hopefully just a bad day at the office, pick ourselves up and focus on the Motherwell game and the cupties

I'd like to think its part of a pattern

win 4 - lose 1

December - Beat Partick, St Johnstone, St Mirren & Caley. Lost to Motherwell

December/ January - Beat County, Arabs, Killie & Hibs. Lost to Caley

If that pattern continues

January/ February = Beat Motherwell, St Johnstone, Celtic & St Mirren. Lose to Partick

I'd like to think its part of a pattern

win 4 - lose 1

December - Beat Partick, St Johnstone, St Mirren & Caley. Lost to Motherwell

December/ January - Beat County, Arabs, Killie & Hibs. Lost to Caley

If that pattern continues

January/ February = Beat Motherwell, St Johnstone, Celtic & St Mirren. Lose to Partick

That sounds a plan tho we do play the tims twice so we may have to lose to St Mirren  :thumbsup: