Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Helen

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes wary of transformed St Mirren  13 Dec 2013 10:08     McINNES has warned his Dons players that when it comes to current form few teams are better off than tomorrow's opponents.

alt=Derek McInnes height=410 width=615http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article2218727.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Derek-Innes-2218727.jpg[/img] Derek McInnes  Alan Harvey/SNS Group    DEREK McInnes has put Aberdeen on red alert as he reckons St Mirren are one of the form teams in the country.

The Buddies have lost just one of their last 10 games since a battling draw with the Dons in September.

That point proved crucial to Saints boss Danny Lennon who was clinging to his job at the time – but it’s a different scenario ahead of tomorrow’s rematch in the north east.

McInnes, right, said: “St Mirren have gone from strength to strength since then. They’re near the top when it comes to the current form guide.

“I watched them against Ross County recently and then Queen of the South. They work hard for each other and their better players are doing really well so they’re transformed.

“They deserve a lot of credit for that. It will be a tough test for us.”

With three of their next four games at home McInnes aims to make Pittodrie a fortress.

He added: “Aberdeen at Pittodrie has always been a hard game regardless of how a team has been doing.

“I remember coming here with St Johnstone and saying the same thing about trying to frustrate the opponents and get the crowd to turn.

“It’s the same scenario. The good bond we have with the crowd is important. That’s why we have to enjoy playing at Pittodrie.”

Yet another clean sheet. This team is really coming together!

Glad to see Vernon seems to be getting back to being the talisman. Also really glad we have zola for certain games where we need to bully defences.

All in all I'm quite excited about this season, but even more excited about next season. If we keep these players and qualify for Europe we'll have a stonker of a team next year.

Just watched the highlights on YouTube. A good performance by the team but Vernon missed some sitters. He should have had a hat trick. Aye I know , I'm being picky.

Aye I thought the same, the McGinn cross where the defender got a touch on was probably bad luck but I really expected him to score (even though I knew he didn't).  Still, good solid performance and hopefully allows the confidence to grow.  :thumbsup: